Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
US$125
US$98
US$70
US$48
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel y Cabinas Don Taco(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$43
  • Breakfast included
Cabinas and Hotel Vista Al Golfo(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$26
Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$20
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Pension Santa Elena(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$25
Official Hotel Site
Santa Elena Hostel Resort(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$18
Hostelworld.com
Cabinas Capulin(Santa Elena)
US$60
US$58
All reviewsprivate roomeggsthe kitchenfruitthe ownerfree breakfasthis wifecosta ricala fortunacoffee or teatop floorbooking tourscloud forrestcentral americagreat roomthe location is perfectzip lining
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

My first impression was lets turn around and find another hostel because everything looks a bit old and there was some maintanance going on.
I am glad I stayed. Prices were super cheap and included a breakfast which consisted of fresh fruit, cereal, bread and eggs.
Wifi isnt amazing and the rooms are a bit old but clean and I would always come back.
Owner helped us out with booking transport and activities.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

I booked and paid online before seeing the hostel because it had a lot of good reviews.... big mistake!! The 4 person dorm is so tiny.... 2 sets of bunk beds so close together and no other place to set anything down. It smells horrible, like mildew and sweaty feet. A girl in my dorm was really sick and coughing a lot and since the room is so tiny you could just feel the germs everywhere. When I told the manager that i was not comfortable staying in the room and asked for my money back so I could find a new hostel, I was told no refunds. I insisted that I could not stay in that room with the sick girl, so he agreed to let me stay in a private room for 1 night rather than the dorm for 2 nights. I agreed. The private room was much bigger but just as stinky and musty.
Breakfast was ok but the people were really rude
I couldn't wait to get out of there!!!
There are multiple other hostels in Monteverde that are only $1-$4 more per night. I highly recommend paying the tiny bit more then staying at this horrible place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

It's a small hostel with 3 floors. Decent wifi, hot showers & free breakfast. Its a little tired but functional. The street is noisy, so bring ear plugs. The owners are friendly & helpful, they have helped us book all our tours and they've all been great. Good value for the money.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

Great location and awesome single top level apartment style pad. The hostel has three floors and you can rent the entire top floor as it is a private room with a large kitchenette, 2 beds, a full bathroom with a large shower, a private balcony and a great view of the town of Monteverde! It is mostly cottage style, so the walls and ceiling are made of wood, but the floors and the entire bathroom is tiled. Clean, friendly, very informative, offer laundry service at a fee and a free breakfast every morning of fresh cut fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs and toast and coffee or tea!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2017

This hostel was great! The owner and staff are always happy to help, the lady who greeted me when I arrived took the time to explain everything about the hostel, town and activities. The free breakfast was fantastic with fruit, cereal, eggs and toast all prepared for you. Hot showers with decent water pressure, and a nice balcony to chill out or meet people.
Wifi can be a little slow sometimes but not th end of the world. For $10 a night it's cheaper than most in the area, I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo