“Wonderful end to an already great day. ”
Review of Toro Tinto

Toro Tinto
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Our specialty is a small variety of grilled delicious beef cuts, from grass-fed cattle (more flavorful and healthy steaks), you will also find a small selection of red wines (mainly from South America) to accompany your steak. All carefully selected to go very well together in a great dinner or lunch. We also cook on the grill some other dishes like chicken, salmon or papillon tilapia.
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

After traveling all day and then going on a night walk in Monteverde I was in search of a food based reward for my exhaustion. Toro Tinto was above and beyond my expectations. Having already had a chimichurri sauce in town that wasn’t actually chimichurri, I tried my luck here and it was FANTASTIC.
No better way to wind down after a day or travel and hiking than with a lovely steak with great accoutrements and cold beer.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

This restaurant is smack in the heart of the town. It is small in size, seating and staff but the food is good. My wife and I had dinner there on the two consecutive nights we spent in Monteverde and enjoyed our food. I had a rib eye on the first night and a New York strip on the second. My wife had pork ribs on the first and chicken on the second. Costa Rica being a cattle raising country the beef was very organic and did not have this dark red color that one finds in the States. Service was excellent and I should mention the staff, Jairo, Elisa the cook and Fresly all did everything to make us feel comfortable. Friendly laid-back, comfortable environment.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

If you want an excellent piece of meat, this is the place to be! The starters are nothing extraordinary but the meat is of great quality and well cooked. They offer a nice range of accompanying wines and the staff is very helpful.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

The service was good and the place was small and cozy. We have tried their steaks that were nice and tasteful. It was funny that you could not order a medium to well steak!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

There are lots of details at this restaurant that are on the right track, and hopefully it gets there. We showed up early, and I think were the first customers, and unfortunately most of our steaks ended up having a lighter fluid taste to them...so go there later.

1  Thank SunnytheTraveller