We spend 8 nights begin March 2009 where we booked a room of type "Ring". It is still one open room but the salon is visually separated from the bedroom. Here are our remarks of our stay :
* Big hotel in the style of « Austrian kitsch » as another member described. Anyway, everything is nicely decorated and there are a lot of references to hunting (that’s why this hotel is called Jagdhof)
* Wonderful spa & wellness section. The sauna area is just wonderful with more than 10 different saunas, steam baths, relaxation rooms, etc. A lot of them are open from noon, otherwise everything is open from 3pm. The best SPA I have ever seen.
* Wonderful heated pool inside and outside (linked together!). Swimming outside in the evening when it is snowing is something you must experience once in your life.
* Thé, drinks and fruit is for free in the wellness area.
* Breakfast: home made bread & patisserie. Large choice but it is the almost the same every day.
* Lunch: the kitchen is open at noon so you can eat in the hotel if you decide to stay inside.
* Dinner: you can enjoy every day a gastronomic 5-plate supper. You can choose the dishes you like from the menu. There is also a restaurant rated 15/20 by GaultMillau but you have to reserve a table. You get a reduction in this restaurant if you are on half-board. Otherwise, there are not many restaurants in the neighbourhood so you better stick with the hotel supper.
* Very good choice of local & foreign wine. Prices are correct.
* All personnel is very attentful and they try to make your stay as best as possible.
* Parking: some parking places outside and you can rent a closed box too.
* Clean & dry ski room where you can store your stuff (boots are heated!).
* Room: very spacious with a lot of closets, clean, a big dressing, free safe, big bathroom, balcony, lot of towels. Just pay attention not to have a room not to close to the bar as it is quite noisy.
* The family owners are present in the hotel (!) and they check with you if everything is right.
We didn’t like:
* Restaurant: We had to change 2 times to find finally a good place to eat without the cold air-conditioning blowing cold air on your head and giving you headaches after 1h (same for my wife and myself). But the hotel takes care of this and you can either choose your eating place or even better, ask a place in the small restaurant which is much quieter in the evening. The big dinner restaurant is quite noisy due to all the guests and waiters.
* Reservation: a mistake was done and we did not get our reserved room the first night. We had to change the day after. The hotel tried different solutions but in the end, they gave us a better room for one night and a bottle of champagne, but this unfortunately did not compensate for the room change you must do after one night. This messed up quite good the start of our holidays.
* Room: the “traditional farm oven” does not give much heat and we asked for an extra mobile heater in the room. Also, the Jacuzzi in some rooms is really a gadget as you have one of the biggest European SPA in the hotel. Do not bother about this bubble bath. No flat screen display but a DVD player. Peignoir & slippers are available but we got two ladies peignoir so I was looking a bit silly walking around with my too-small peignoir. I think I could have asked for another one I guess. Slippers are not changed during your stay as they get quite dirty if you use them in the pool and sauna area. Better take your personal slippers with you.
* Neustift: the ski slopes are quite a long way from this hotel and they can be reached only by car or shuttle. There are some slopes in Neustift but they are rather difficult and there are only a couple of them. The location of the hotel is on the outside of the town so it is very quiet.
Overall opinion: As we had very bad weather during our stay, we stayed most of the time in the hotel (pool & spa). We liked it so much that we stayed one extra night! This place is really good. It is not a 5-star Palace but still a very good ski-tourism hotel. The price is quite high, but you cannot go wrong with this Relais & Chateaux hotel in the Tirol mountains!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Jagdhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jagdhof Hotel Neustift Im Stubaital