“Better than before”

Paradise
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Velingrad
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This place has improved largely especially food wise. Excellent rocket salad, tasty rabbit risotto and fetucini, very tender chicken leg and lamb meatball. Dessert - chocolate lava cake was top. Very quick service and good pricing for the wines.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I will start with the worst thing that had happened there to us - after eating her rabbit risotto my 15-yers old daughter suddenly felt sickness and intensive pains in her stomach. We waited a bit hoping to calm it down with some herbal tea, but she still felt sick, and we had to leave. The waiter didn’t even ask what’s going on.
And now how it’s started. When we came at 19.30 the restaurant was almost empty. Our waiter was very nervy and completely unprofessional. He appeared and disappeared without any logic and wasn't helpful at any time. The beverages arrived, but my husband's beer didn't - not even after 20 min, when me and my daughter have already finished our beverages incl. some citrus freshes (they were good). Nor did the beer appeared when we had our salads (fresh, but not the restaurant quality: I wonder, why most of the Bulgarian restaurants never serve at least some simplest dressings? Why in a restaurant you receive only some vinegar and cheap indeterminate sort of oil in some dirty bottles on the table to help yourself?).
When the waiter heard that we are going to share one of the salads, he made some place in the middle of the table disclosing (and ignoring) the sticky stains left on it by the previous clients, and put the salad in between. However, he didn't come back with any plates for us. When he brought our mains - risotto and tagliatelle (again leaving my husband without his main course, not only the drink) he announced “risotto with porcini mushrooms”, and when we told that we ordered the one with rabbit, he answered, “ yeah, it is with rabbit”, and quickly disappeared. Confused, my daughter started to eat it, but there where only mushrooms, no rabbit - she had to stand up, find him and bring him back to the table. – “Ah, yes, it's another client's risotto; my colleague have taken yours by mistake”.. So he picked it up (although it was eaten a bit) and brought us another one - I wonder now whether the other client haven't start to dig into our risotto, as well..
As to the taste, well, someone in the comments here had recommended their risotto - this is not a risotto, but some rise dish with some fillings and cream. Both of our mains also included huge pieces of onions 1.5 - 2 cm square bits. My husband ordered lamb ‘nadenichki’, which were some thin sausages (should have been cooked quite quickly), but they didn't arrive even by the time when I’ve finished my tagliatelle... As to the beer, being asked, the waiter admitted that he simply forgot about it.
I would say the prices there where not too cheap for Bulgaria, while the quality is mediocre to say the least. Don't recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

After a bad experience in a restaurant across the street the previous night - this was a needed gulp of fresh air. Service is good and although it was busy - food was on the table shortly after we ordered. It has a nice garden so I would only assume it would be really nice to sit outside in the summer. We had a really good appetizer of mozzarella and raspberry jam. I also had the calamari with pesto - slightly saltier to my taste, but overall it was great. The location is near the center of town, lots of taxis outside.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

The menu is very original and the food is really tasty. The staff is helpful. I recommend this place.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

The food is very tasty and beautiful (check the pictures). The music is not loud, so you can enjoy a nice conversation with your food.

Date of visit: February 2018