All reviews cleaned every other day a great place to stay marcella hosts tavernas complex accommodation pool
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Everything was great!

We just came from Rhodes & from a Sheraton & we're looking to chill out, Heraklion & Galatia apartments was perfect!

Stavros & his wife are excellent hosts!! Speak perfect English, Greek & a few more!

Location is perfect for day trips to any part of Crete.

Rooms were spotless & I would not hesitate to recommend!

-Thank you for all the advice, info, restaurant suggestions!

It was great!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SpiroKBoston
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Excellent value hotel a few minutes walk from the strip of bars, restaurants and shops in Kokkini Hani and across the road from the beach.
The hosts Stavros and Marcella are friendly and helpful, taking time to answer your questions and make your stay comfortable.
We had a one bedroom apartment which was spacious and comfortable.
Overall, fabulous value and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I had a comfortable stay here. The apartment is modern and in good condition. I arrived on easter eve and all the shops were shut so my hosts bought me lunch and breakfast and insisted I don't Pay! So generous people.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Hotel Galatia Apartments offers spacious and nice apartments. We stayed in room 304 and had a sea view from one balcony and sunny and calm on the balcony on the entrance side.
The pool was very nice and it was possible to choose to be in the sun or shade. The owners of the hotel were very nice.
There are a couple of beaches near the hotel. However, it is a way to go into the center of Kokkini Hani, where the restaurants are located. The road there is rather dull.

Room Tip: The apartments on the third floor has a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ulf S
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Galatia apartments is a beautiful complex that offers a more relaxing setting than any hotel can offer. A great central pool in a setting that creates the perfect relaxed holiday setting. The rooms are clean, authentic and keep you very cool when the blistering sun of Crete becomes too much. There are charging points in the shade at the pool for those like me had to bring a temporary office with me. However, what made me fall in love with this apartment is the fantastic hospitality from Marcella and Stavros who run this family business. I have never experienced such fantastic and friendly service whilst being very well travelled. It is known that Greek people are very friendly in general yet this well run family business make you really feel like "their house is your house". I would recommend these apartments to anyone visiting Crete.

There are car rentals close by if you want to explore the island. I am sure when you visit the apartments you will not want to leave. I didnt. :-)

Like always when writing a review I always read previous reviews to comment on any updates/improvements.

There were heavy curtains in the rooms to keep the heat and light out. I slept like a log. I am 6ft 4 and a healthy 16st. With regards to the showers and beds I had ample room along with very comfortable beds. The pool area is ammaculate and as I have confirmed above with regards to other comments the staff here are always on hand and are truly amazing. With regards to the comment referring to not being waited on hand and foot "room cleaned and fresh towels each day" I think this lady should understand the difference between a hotel and an apartment. I would not stay any where else in crete and will be making another visit soon.

Room Tip: Book up soon to not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple