All reviews caravella restaurant stay there again one bedroom apartment the owner living room first floor these apartments microwave caravelle george cleanliness internet accommodation town paleochora balcony
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Visited for a ten day break in May
Looked nice, with a nice view and relatively spacious and nice compared to the usual rooms to let.
Checked on internet and talked to the owner to book. Very kind indeed, though his point “don’t book on booking cause I ll offer the 15% discount” was not really appreciated .

Anyway, arrived early morning and they were kind enough to let me in before 12 as the previous tenant had an early leave.

Owners wife came, did not even bother to give me a hand with my luggage (sadly and not polite at all), and took me to the room.

Well, the room was not the one agreed, the larger with the fireplace and the wife view. It was the small corner one. Told her so, she did not like it. Anyway, I did not want to spoil my break and took it.
Nicely, there was a bottle of water in the fridge and two small juices.

As for the luxury aspect, well, IKEA furniture cannot be considered luxurious, however they give a modern minimal touch which is ok.

Remarkably clean, I really want to underline that the owner really invest on keeping the place clean and tidy, with a wonderful kind lady taking care of the rooms every day (weekend included). That’s a strong positive point.

Nice surprise also two sets of toothbrush-toothpaste and coconut shampoo and shower gel, plus a hairdryer.

TVs is both living room and bedroom but would really be an advantage if they could offer a set of satellite bouquet rather than irrelevant channels along with some greek ones.

WiFi quality is good in the room and fairly good in the balcony

Balcony wise, view was not really nice with cables just in front. Also view from this specific room was pretty limited. Though, the two chairs in the balcony-chaise longue type are amazingly relaxing.

The kitchen is well equipped, with small appliances too such as a microwave, a boiler, a toaster.

Free parking space, is not exactly a free parking space allocated to the room, shaded or covered: you just park on the street.

Super markets and shops are in walking distance 10-15 minutes.

Paid €663 for 10 days, which I consider a bit too much for the month of May and the total offer. But OK.

Overall, I stress the excellent level of tidiness and cleanliness and the kindness of George, the owner. Apart from that, I wouldn t really recommend it especially as a luxury apartment.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We stayed 3 nights in first floor one bedroom apartment and loved every minute of it. Great views and lovely balcony to sit on. Bed was really comfortable and apartment was spotlessly clean. Wifi was occasionally a bit hit and miss but most of the time it was fine. The walk to and from Paleochora centre is very easy and straightforward as long as you take a bit of care on the bit without pavement. Absolutely loved Paleochora itself - great choice of restaurants. Used the discount coupon we were given for the Caravella restaurant and had a lovely meal there.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for 4 nights. Paleochora was amazing! So real Greek, friendly, relaxed and so many opportunities. We will come back.

Caravella was a disappointment though. A very good location, but we were located in the ground floor, and we really didn't have any nice view. The cleaning was just ok, the dishes was done very poorly; we had to wash it ourselves to have it clean. The apartment is quite alright, but not more than that. "Design and luxury apartments" is in our opinion misleading marketing; this is far away from luxury. It's quite new and fresh - and in many ways very good, but it's not even near luxury. But: the price is low and one shouldn't expect luxury for this price; so then it's ok after all.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 509erika
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

I stayed with a friend of mine and we were delighted about the cleanliness, the position, the large spaces inside the apartment. The building is quite new and all the furniture are modern and well thought, with a kitchen with all you need, a large bedroom and a very comfortable sofa where we slept. The huge terrace was certainly a plus: we loved to lay on the chairs at the sunset or during the night to watch the stars. The position is perfect: very close to the sea and to the center but far enough to enjoy the silence. Marcella and the lady who take care of the rooms are both extremely kind, smiling and helpful. There is also a kind of laundry where we washed our clothes. What else? I would go back again!

Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank alessia e
Reviewed July 28, 2016

The Caravella apartments were very good, as it was our first time staying in Paleochora we weren't sure of what to expect. We were met at the apartment building and shown to our apartment which was on the first floor. As the building is on a hill just outside the town, our view of the town and surrounding countryside was fantastic. The apartment itself is very well equipped, cooker, microwave, fridge, TV in both rooms ,DVD and air conditioning. Every day the apartment was cleaned and fresh towels left. Town is a short walk away and access to the beach is via a small path in front of the apartment (approx. 5min walk). Coming home will take a little longer as it is up-hill but after the first evening or so we didn't notice it at all. We definitely recommend the Caravella Apartments and will hopefully visit again.

Date of stay: July 2016