All reviewssea viewbay of naplessant agatathe busamerican ladyattic roomlast minute dealbar terraceair consister hotelhalf boardtop floorrestaurant staffreception areatraditional hotelan upgradegreat holiday
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We have just returned from a week of delight spent in the hotel Jaccarino, when we arrived we were met at the bottom of the drive by the porter who took our bags up the drive, we booked in, the room was very small at the rear of the hotel, as it was very late we went down the following morning and asked to change and it was completed without any problem.
I have read reviews calling the hotel “dated” it is typical old world Italian, beautiful furniture, carpets etc non new but all well looked after and spotlessly clean, you will never struggle to find a seat or somewhere to relax.
The American lady on reception is a treasure, she greets you always with a smile and has time for everyone, even the guests who ask her to stop the dogs and roosters in the village gardens near by to stop barking and crowing.
Please the hotel don’t own the animals.The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome,
Anna and Marco in the restaurant are great, Anna don’t stop smiling. The guys who look after the pool bar and restaurant work so hard,again always a smile, nothing is too much trouble. We have stayed in a number of hotels in and around Sorrento this was by far the best. The village of St Agatha is two minutes walk out the back of the hotel, in one short week we got to know people and were always greeted warmly.
There is a courtesy bus or you can walk into the village to the Local bus 5.20 euros return for two, drops you at the railway station where if you want to explore the Amlfii coast or Pompei the train or bus is available to take you,organised trips are easy but not as much fun and the wonderful Italian people we met enjoyed helping and explains their beautiful coast and tourist sites and the best and cheapest way to see them. We did the hotel to Herculium for 38 Euros for two return, organised trips, 58 euros each!.
I could go on and on but cannot t miss the star of the show, the view from the balcony outside the hotel bar as evening draws in,it is breathtaking, people walk onto the balcony sit at a table and go silent just lost in the fabulous view of the Bay of Naples, Vesuvius behind, and a necklace of lights twinkling along the seashore .
Everyone and I do mean everyone sits quietly lost in their thoughts, if for no other reason put the Jaccarino on your bucket list for that view and the wonderful staff, gratzia to you all, we are already planning a return

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank Yorky100
RINO M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Jaccarino, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear York,

Grazie for your kind words! We're so glad you enjoyed such a nice stay at Hotel Jaccarino and in Sorrento Coast as well.

We really try our best to let guests feel welcomed and at ease while staying in here and it seemswe succeded!

We're really looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Our kindest regards,

Hotel Jaccarino - staff

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I chose this hotel because of its position on the Amalfi coast but it was better than I expected. The staff were wonderful, the views tremendous and a bonus to have a free bus into Sorrento and back. You have to book and don't be late. Rooms are typical Italian, and ours had two balconies with superb views over Sorrento and the Bay of Naples and Vesuvius. We took boats to Positano and Amalfi and Capri from Sorrento. There is a lovely dining room, buffet style breakfast with fruit, jams, meats and cheeses, toast, sometimes fresh cooked eggs and often teacakes. Views from the terrace are sublime. Pool has a no pre booking rule. No towels stopping you taking a seat. Large enough to swim in but we were travelling a lot and did not use it. Food was a little disappointing for dinner so we only booked once. Local restaurants more than adequate and cheap. It was not bad just not to our taste. Staff were very friendly especially if you try and speak some Italian. They will help you. They all speak English very well with few exceptions. I would book there again.

Stayed: June 2018
RINO M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Jaccarino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Steve,

Thanks for reviewing us!

It looks like you had a terrific stay in here and the free shuttle bus helped making it even better!!!!

We look forward to seeing you back soon

Kind regards

HJ - Staff

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Reasonably priced Hotel with excellent staff who could not do enough for you. The view over the Bay of Naples was stunning. The food in the Hotel was good but we like to eat out. Breakfast was continental but very good. The pool is not big but its big enough, always clean and inviting.
When you get there ask for the directions to Sant Agata, its out the back gate and you're there. Good bus service to Sorrento.

Room Tip: Always ask for a sea view, its a little bit more expensive but the views are stunning.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CJB15_11

Dear Guest,

We're glad you enjoyed a very nice stay at Hotel jaccarino and get to discover the nice village of Sant'agata...just few staps away from Jaccarino's entrance.

We look forward to seeing you back again

Sincerely

HJ - Customer care

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights with friends. We’d booked rear facing rooms but when we arrived we were upgraded to front facing rooms at no extra cost. On arrival we were met by a very friendly staff member who helped us park the car and was very welcoming indeed. The hotel is clean and the breakfast plentiful and varied. He hotel was very pretty with flowers growing over the exterior in places. He view from our window and the bar terrace were quite simply spectacular. We used the free shuttle bus to Sorrento, it departed at several times during the day and was bookable at reception, a very useful complimentary service indeed.
The pool was clean and heated. There was lots of sunbeds but even when he hotel wasn’t full it was difficult to get one during the day. Pool towels were available free of charge.
The staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
The hotel was ideally situated to explore the Amalfi Peninsula and the bay of Naples.
We would all return and recommend to others.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and were lucky enough to get front facing rooms so you all had the chance to enjoy views all the time!!!

The staff thanks you too and we all hope to have you all back again at Jaccarino and in Sorrento Coast

Kind regards from sunny Italy

HJ - Customer Care

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Perched high in the hills above Sorrento in the friendly village of St Agata the Iaccarino is a splendidly charming and individual hotel, first class hospitality with (for this region, believe me I did my research before booking!)best value for money.

Hotel is immaculately kept and clean, while some of the public rooms are a little faded it's all part of the charm. Lots of different seating areas to sit quietly with a good book or socialise with other guests. Much has been said here about the hotel bedrooms. It is true that some of the rooms are smaller, and those in the 'annexe' near the swimming pool are a little basic but comfortable with the usual amenities - free small bedroom safe, generic hairdrier, no tea tray (few Italian hotels provide one so brought my trusty travel kettle). The hotel is a conversion from a rather grand family home, not a bland purpose built box of the large hotel chain variety, so the rooms do vary in size. I had a budget, did my homework and was more than happy with my room there. With so much to enjoy and to explore in Sorrento trust me, you will not be spending much time in your bedroom. However if budget is not a constraint make sure you do prebook a room with a view. The luxury rooms are quite lovely and the views over the bay breathtaking, I enjoyed them muchly from the bar balcony for free .

Food wise, half board was terrific value for money, cost difference with B&B was negligible. There was always a tasty fish, meat or veggie choice of starter and main course for dinner. ***Squeamish alert! Beware the octopus! Unusually it is served 'whole' could not contemplate eating the winsome mother and baby duo looking at me from my plate, tentacles akimbo*** Breakfast buffet, mainly continental selection with excellent coffee - thankfully octopus free... The restaurant team are all very welcoming and naturally friendly. When I was on my own on the 2nd week of my stay the lovely Luigi (black magic pepper) kindly made sure I had a table where I could people-watch and not feel conspicuous - very thoughtful and much appreciated. The staff team really make the Iaccarino - considerate and helpful, from the man on duty at reception who insisted on getting me an umbrella to keep me dry to return to my annexe room to the lovely cleaning team quietly working their magic every day.

St Agata itself is just to the rear of the hotel. Don't miss Orlando's Bar, a really friendly family business (ask the owner about the smoking cat statue outside) great cocktails, cheapest prices. Felt very at ease there on my own in my 2nd week and even when I had a posse of other solo travellers, went back every evening.

Exploring wise the hotel offers a terrific, and free, shuttle service to Sorrento. There are also quite regular buses to Sorrento and Amalfi from the village. While cheap - an all day ticket from the tourist info office/local bar is just €8, a fraction of the organised tours cost- they tend to be tightly packed to say the least. Be prepared and you may, like me, grudgingly enjoy the 'pilchard' experience - take a small fan, comfy shoes and water, and you can explore the Amalfi coast at your leisure without a tourguide shoo-ing you on. If you want to be sure of a bus seat to Amalfi, take the hotel shuttle bus to Sorrento and board the bus at the station. Alternatively, walk down from the path at the back of the hotel - approx 30 mins with some stunning views - no roads to navigate until you reach the town centre.
Once in Sorrento, Pompei and Herculaneum are easily and cheaply accessible by train. The little 'fun train' from the town centre is well worth doing and will help you get your bearings. So much to do, all well covered in forums. Capri is a must see, book trip through hotel and you won't be disappointed. Path of the Gods walk above the Amalfi coast was the highlight of a fabulous holiday - I saved the webpage on this (link in forums here) to my phone so I could access without the internet. It was a perfect guide and I found the entrance to the walk so easily, even helping a disparate bunch of serious hikers, loaded to the teeth with maps and compasses, but quite clueless, to find it.

Had a wonderful stay here, can't wait to return to Sorrento and to the Iaccarino. Ciao for now x

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
9  Thank Catykate

Dear Catykate,

It was very very nice to read about your Sorrento holiday! As you yourself state you had an amazing stay at Jaccarino and in the whole Sorrento Coast. Yours is a truly clear review of what to expect once in here (octopus thing apart ;) and in the whole area: buses, bars, prices, hikings...everything!

What to add?

We hope to have you back again for another wonderful stay!

Ciao from Sorrento