“An unexpected pleasant surprise”
Review of Trattoria Tiberina

Trattoria Tiberina
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Narni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Outside of Narni we found a little unassuming restaurant that was full of tasty italian dishes. The serving staff was so pleasant and we had a number of little extras thrown in. It was not as if we needed it as the plates were very generous. They were however certainly appreciated. We lingered over lunch and enjoyed watching the staff tuck into their lunches after providing us with an excellent meal and service.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Let's start with the positive- the waitress was extremely friendly and offered to split two orders of meat (pheasant and duck) so I could try both. Additionally, the price was right- my partner and I paid only 28euro for an appetizer, two entrees, a side-dish of fried potatoes, a half liter of Coca-cola and a half liter of wine. Unfortunately, the positive aspects end there. Sure, there is some charm in the "trip to grandma's house" dining experience, where you can watch t.v. and eat homey food. But I never paid to eat at granny's house, and she was much more attentive than the hosts at Trattoria Tiberina. The food was OK. The appetizer of mixed bruschette and cured meat weren't anything special, and the fried potatoes weren't anything I couldn't have made at home. The lamb was rather delicious, on the other hand, as was the half-order of the duck. I wish I would have ordered the full order of duck because the pheasant was dry and it was difficult to find the meat on the plate. I must admit that the hostess was extremely kind when I complained about this and she brought another plate (gratis) of pheasant for me to pick at with my knife and fork. If it's worth mentioning, the bathrooms were decent for Italian standards (there wasn't any toilet paper and they were out of paper towels to dry my hands, which strangely is common even in the nicest of places I've visited here), and the house wine was decent. The location of the restaurant is a bit out of Narni, so I wouldn't recommend trying to come here if you don't have a car. Otherwise, probably it is on par with other places in the area!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I came here based on Trip Advisor and I'm really surprised by the high rating. Maybe it was what I ordered but everything was just okay to me. The value was good but that was all that impressed me.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

when planning a sunday drive to the beautiful historic umbrian city of narni, we checked trip advisor for a great place to have lunch. the results were those of the very best italian countryside experience here in umbria. just outside narni is the trattoria tiberina, easy to find and park, and immediately full of the atmosphere of local families and really authentic cooking. because it was a particularly busy sunday with 8 communions happening in the restaurant and upper floor dining rooms, we thought we would never get a table and that the owners would be less available than good service normally affords. we could not have been more wrong. cristina and leonardo were every bit the umbrian hosts that we could have imagined. we were prepared to have a lunch that was good, but when we mentioned that we could not decide, cristina said, "just let me bring you some tastes of everything"! boy were we pleased to have small portions of all three pastsa, made there by hand, two different meat choices, and contorno! we had to turn down dessert.

the magical thing that happens in small places like this was to follow, when the place had cleared from the hustle and bustle, we began chatting and were informed about a festival happening that day in a nearby 1000 year old church that is rarely open, and a wonderful tour that was available in some rooms that had been discovered under the ancient walls of narni. "narni sotterranea", please look for separate review of this attraction. the owners of the trattoria even called and made a reservation for us...we definitely return to eat with our new friends!

1  Thank LBU62
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

recommended and worth a detour.from the mixed bruschette to the papardelle with hare sauce,the homemade ravioli,the boar. and the duck,the artichokes and the broccoletti everything superb.no problem about splitting the main course either.nice friendly atmosphere.will go back.