“Good homely cooking”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

Nice, rustic atmosphere, good food but nothing exceptional. For a trattoria I feel the size of the portions are a bit modest.

Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

Really great pasta with lepre (wild rabbit/hare); fantastic wild boar (but supper rich), decent wine and desert. I ate well for €23.

1  Thank Lucia C
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Outside of Narni we found a little unassuming restaurant that was full of tasty italian dishes. The serving staff was so pleasant and we had a number of little extras thrown in. It was not as if we needed it as the plates were very generous. They were however certainly appreciated. We lingered over lunch and enjoyed watching the staff tuck into their lunches after providing us with an excellent meal and service.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Let's start with the positive- the waitress was extremely friendly and offered to split two orders of meat (pheasant and duck) so I could try both. Additionally, the price was right- my partner and I paid only 28euro for an appetizer, two entrees, a side-dish of fried potatoes, a half liter of Coca-cola and a half liter of wine. Unfortunately, the positive aspects end there. Sure, there is some charm in the "trip to grandma's house" dining experience, where you can watch t.v. and eat homey food. But I never paid to eat at granny's house, and she was much more attentive than the hosts at Trattoria Tiberina. The food was OK. The appetizer of mixed bruschette and cured meat weren't anything special, and the fried potatoes weren't anything I couldn't have made at home. The lamb was rather delicious, on the other hand, as was the half-order of the duck. I wish I would have ordered the full order of duck because the pheasant was dry and it was difficult to find the meat on the plate. I must admit that the hostess was extremely kind when I complained about this and she brought another plate (gratis) of pheasant for me to pick at with my knife and fork. If it's worth mentioning, the bathrooms were decent for Italian standards (there wasn't any toilet paper and they were out of paper towels to dry my hands, which strangely is common even in the nicest of places I've visited here), and the house wine was decent. The location of the restaurant is a bit out of Narni, so I wouldn't recommend trying to come here if you don't have a car. Otherwise, probably it is on par with other places in the area!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I came here based on Trip Advisor and I'm really surprised by the high rating. Maybe it was what I ordered but everything was just okay to me. The value was good but that was all that impressed me.