All reviewssmall amountruns every houranimation teamshuttle busapartmentpoolschildrengolf
Reviewed September 23, 2014

Loved our stay here we had top floor apartment in Residence Eden, great space large rooms - only fault would be no electric kettle! Booked sheets and towels which were fine, very safe. I used the gym, not too many in it all great facilities, also Cecilia who did Pilates and Water Gym every day was amazing, great teacher and got everyone involved spoke evey language and was a beautiful person - Residence Eden lucky to have her!
The shuttle bus was an excellent service, the drivers were very accommodating and friendly. This was an essential part of the service for us as you could not walk into town - busy motorway and dangerous junction. We used this every evening as we ate in Pescheria and sometimes during the morning also!
We rented bikes from Golf Hotel for the day, bikes were fab but the chap could not speak english so we spent over an hour trying to locate on the map the way out of Pescheria towards Garda, he showed us this on a map (not a good one) but it was a railway bridge and then we found out it was the road to Sirmione!! Also the receptionist in the Golf Hotel was very unplesent, she did not want to tell us about the map or bikes, did not offer us any information and was just very unfriendly.
Most travellers had a car but we did not so another downfall was the mini market on site - when it was open it was over priced and under stocked - in fact we had to get a taxi to Lidl to stock up on fruit, wine, etc dont know how some walked to Eurospar it is on the busy moterway and just as easy to go into Pescheria to the supermarket via taxi.
Overall this was a great spot for the price and especially when it included the gym, pilates, and shuttle bus and i would recommend it to you - great place for extended families during the summer but we dont have children so September suited us as it was quiter with more couples. We are both looking forward to visiting again in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: Better to have apt on the top floor overlooking the pool more noisey but overlooking the vinyard very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Residence-Eden, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Eden, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Hello MemphisCaulfield,

thank you for your review. We're glad that you spent a nice holiday at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

The area is huge with several smaller residential complex (they have all different names), the area consists of both hotel (incl restaurant) and apartments, several pools and a golf course. We stayed at the Residence Eden area.

When we arrived we had to go through all the kitchen wares, count them, sign a document that we had to leave down to the front desk on the arrival day. We had to leave a deposit of 100 euros, which was for if something broke in the apartment.
We were two adults and a child who had booked an apartment on the 2nd floor. The apartment consisted of two rooms, a separate bedroom and a living room with kitchen. The apartment was very strange planned. The bedroom was the biggest room. The living room had a sofa bed and a kitchen table and four chairs. The kitchen had very little storage area and on the kitchen counter they had placed a big TV, we moved it into the bedroom to make more room on the counter. . Each apartment also has a balcony, it is very small and there is a table and two chairs, but one can hardly sit out there, theres no room. Sadly, because you really want to use your balcony.

The apartment is very worn and they have repainted the walls with a color that rub off on everything, so you can not hang anything on the hooks on the wall. When it rained, the water flowed in through the closed windows. The kitchen equipment is also worn, the little fridge lacked the door to the freezer (so the temperature in the fridge was very low, almost everything got frozen) and when we reported it to reception they said that they knew about it but could not do anything about it. The girl sade to me; I can write It down, but we can´t do anything about it…

But one thing is positive, every apartment has aircondition (free of charge)…

The ground floor apartments has a large patio, but the same little balcony table with two chairs, I saw that familys (more than two people), took out the kitchen table and the chairs, so all of them could sit out side. Why can´t they buy some descent outdoor furniture to every apartment?

The pool area is large and clean. However, they have a kids club, which organizes every day a lot of activities in the pool, they play incredibly loud music. The kids love it but I was so tired of all techno music. Felt like Ibiza in the 80s ... and the contest to prebook the sun beds starts at midnight when people put their bath towels on the sun beds...

There is also a small mini market in the area, but it is more a micro market. Has very little goods and If you want to buy fresh buns, you have to order it the day before. The alternative is that you can go to the nearest village and shop, takes about 15 minutes by car.

They have a wonderfully nice restaurant, Ristorante Il Pirlar, we visited it a few times and I can recommend it. Very good food and service.

On departure day you need to book an inspection (?) of the apartment, in order to get back your deposit in cash. Unfortunately, they can only do the inspection between the hours of 8-10 (!!!!), you can leave earlier but to get back your deposit, you need to state a bank account, so they can payback the money after the inspection. Very, very complicated… and I wonder if its news for the reception that people wants to leave early on departure day...

Conclusion:
Are you a big family don´t stay on the 2nd floor, the apartment is small, balcony is a joke. If you choose Ground floor, remember they don´t have furniture so there is enough for everyone to sit outside….bring your own… If your patio/balcony has sun the whole day, don´t forget umbrella against the sun.

From a distance this seems to be a fresh area, but if you look a little closer, it is very worn and the just painted over all flaws, small apartments/balconies. But the pool area is great if you put up with all the music and activities.
If you want to use the internet, it's very poor coverage area, regardless of operator.

We have been to severel resorts around Garda, and this resort is not bad but there are better places to spend your vacation to the same amount of money…

Room Tip: Due to activities around the pool, they have this every day and some evenings with loud music, don´t book an apartment nearby the pool....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank H-J Z
Residence-Eden, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Eden, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear H-J Z,

thank you for your review. We are sorry if our residential hotel didn't meet your expectations entirely. We will take all of your remaks about the apartments into consideration. We will report them to the maintenance department. As for the music and the entertainment, we are very sorry. Residenza Eden is designed for families and people who wish to have a funny holiday; a more relaxing environment can be found at the nearby Golf Residenza, which also offers a self-catering accommodation and comfortable apartments. If you come back, we suggest that you stay there and let your kids play at the Laguna swimming pool with our entertainment team. Anyway, we also set up evening themed events: a Far-West event, an all-white event, and so on. They could be entertaining for children as well as adults. Would you and your family join us for the next tourist season? :-)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a great week's holiday here in August 2014. It didn't feel too busy anywhere on site, despite some warnings that it might. Luckily we had good weather and could enjoy the outdoor pools for most of the day but when it rained or got too cold in the outdoor pools, we went to the indoor pool, which never seemed to get very busy, despite it being the height of Summer! A few things to note about this place are:
- take swimming caps for the indoor pool
- the local supermarket (Eurospa) is not close enough to walk to. We had no car so we took a taxi there and back and stocked up for the whole week (it's about 12 euros each way in a taxi).
- you do need to hire sheets and towels (11 euros for sheets, 8 euros for towels for the duration of your stay so bear that in mind - we took our own beach towels)
- the hotel kids' club asks you to sign a form stating that they are not responsible for your children when you leave them there. I therefore wouldn't want to leave the site if I had my child in the hotel kids' club. If you want a proper kids' club you should book with espirit sun who were operating a separate kids' club which felt a bit more organised. However, our 4 year old loved the pools so much I don't think she'd have enjoyed the kids' clubs, so if you have kids who love pools then don't worry!
- The staff are really helpful - one receptionist wrote out a phrase in italian for us to help us out with taxis and they were all professional and polite.
- The 'mini-disco' each night at 8.30pm is great fun!!
- The pizza/pasta restaurant does a mean salad - very tasty and a good option if you've eaten too much pizza/ice-cream!
- The apartments are very clean, but don't come with any cleaning materials, so bring your own cloths, teatowels, etc.
- One downside was that the mattresses were quite uncomfortable - I definitely wouldn't have wanted to sleep in the sofa bed for a week!

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment overlooking the vineyard to be on the quieter side of the complex.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Residence-Eden, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Eden, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear guests,

thank you so much for your review. We're happy that you and your family had a good time in our aparthotel. We look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, a child aged 5 and another ages 2). We went on holiday with Esprit Sun and I can not recommend them enough. (If you have younger kids I would certainly look at Esprit and I will definitely be seeing what they have for next year).

The hotel location isnt ideal – it is a bus journey from the main town (yes there is a free bus – a large one too that goes at 9am, 10am, 11am , 12pm, 3pm, 4pm etc I don’t know what time it stops though). This for us wasn’t really that ideal as we had the kids in kids club until 12.30 on a few of the days and hence there was no free bus then. A taxi for us all was 13 euros one way to town.

The Eden Residence itself is pretty good. The pool in the eden residence is brilliant for the kids. It was shallow at the start and then got deeper (not too deep). There was a cafe / pool bar area and that I didn’t think was great. For a start there is no high chairs (but the café is nearer the deeper part of the pool. The ordering system was a total mess (you order your food, wait for it to come up and they call it out). We ordered ours and when something wasn’t there it turned out another table had taken them. The drinks at the pool bar were extremely expensive. My husband got 2 beers (which were draft) and couldn’t believe it was 8 euros 40 a beer. They weren’t pints, I would say about 250 ml plastic cups (not full). That pool bar had entertainment on some of the evenings. There was also an animation team at that pool that tried to get you involved in aqua aerobics, darts, waterpolo, pilates etc.

Having always gone on holidays with a big tour operator this was the first time we went with a smaller one, and having gone in peak time – couldn’t believe how different of a hotel it was. The pool was not crazy busy. There was more than enough sun loungers etc.

There was one shop which was only open 8-11am and 4-6pm. It was exactly full of stuff (not much wine choices). It did sell the very basics (and if we were self catering no way could we get by with that shop). We actually took a taxi to the euro spar and stocked up. It was 10 euros each way but it is a big place and worth it to get your full shop.

Nothing is walking distance from the hotel (it wouldn’t be safe, there is a massive sort of dual carriageway junction you would need to cross).

The only negative of the Eden residence i would say is the mosquitos. In other counties they spray them. My husband and I (as well as friends we were with) all got bitten loads – the kids didn’t for some reason (so bring all the stuff for mosquitos you can).

If you are going to go half board at the Parc Hotel – I would say the food was OK, probably the worst buffet we have had on holiday but we found stuff to eat. I always read food reviews on trip advisor with a pinch of salt as you don’t know the reviews tastes and one persons awful might be your idea of heaven.

The food was repeated every 7 days (exactly the same – we were there 10 night and I know 3 were repeated). My husband normally mainly eats salads on holidays (he didn’t here at all as he said they were not great. The lettuce choices were pretty good but most of the rest I think he thought was pretty rubbish. I am pretty sure there was always a pizza choice (or something pastry based). There was always several pasta choices (one was a plain tomato one, and the other 2 were something different). There wasn’t always a fish choice which I found strange.

There was always some sort of meat (and one day it was a fresh salmon) on display. The salmon was gorgeous. The other times the meat was mainly pork (once it was beef). Then there tended to be some sort of potatoes (mainly sauted) and 4 veg choices. I had this option most days. The choices of veg were a bit strange but to be honest. There was cauliflower cheese, cauliflower broccoli, sprouts (that was the day there was beef), fennel, braised cabbage, roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced peppers with onions . For me, I always had a nice main course.

Pudding wise – I actually though this was better than any buffet we have done before. I always feel normally the pudding on a buffet is the same cakes with a different coloured icing. However this time I thought they were a few differences and I quite liked it. Plus there was 6 flavours of ice cream which although you needed to queue at times for it wasn’t that bad and it was august summer holidays.

Breakfast wise I thought it was good. Same as most places – there was hams, cheeses (more choice than at dinner), cereal, breads (a toaster that is so slow!!), jams, choc spread and honey. Croisants that were fresh and warm (glad I only discovered these on the last breakfast!). Cooked breakfast was the same each day and was ok – scrambled egg (cant be from real eggs as no way do eggs look that yellow haha); bacon, hot dog sausages, cooked tomatoes and beans (home made beans not the usual beans). I quite liked the breakfast. Also they had some fruit. The fruit was disappointing though (sometimes it was mouldy – and I don’t mean one lot, I mean about 5-6 peaches in the bowl were turned or on the turn). However sometimes you got a few that were perfect. There was melon (galia and watermelon – both nice if its fresh. Then a fruit salad. Once I had it and it was nice, another time it just didn’t taste right (and my husband thought that when the melon is going a bit old they may reuse it in the fruit salad). Once he said that I think I am inclined to agree and neither of us had it after that. There were fresh and strawberry (guessing – it was pink) yoghurts.

Also the other 2 pools at the parc hotel were good. Once was a deeper one and when the kids were in kids club we sat there (it wasn’t an adult only but there were less kids because it was deeper). Near that hotel was a pizza / pasta restaurant. We are there 4 times for lunch and it was ok. Portions were quite big (pizza and pasta) and it was nice. A lot of the food is salty and after the first meal there we asked for chips with no salt.

All in all – we went half board for convenience – it wasn’t the best (it may be the worst to be honest) but were we to go back I would probably do it again as with 2 small kids who are ready for bed by 6.30 at home, it is a lot easier.

Would we go with Eden Residence again – It was a great holiday and yes if we went with Esprit (and that is the hotel they offer next year ) then yes we would. Would I go independently to the hotel – no.

BTW – the reason we are so keen with Esprit was because they offered the fantastic kids club for the children. It was ran by qualified nannies who looked after the kids 9.30 – 12.30 every day (excluding Wednesday and Saturday). They do proper stuff with them like pool time (which initially I was worried about until I realised the ratio was fantastic and the kids were very safe. We were able to add an afternoon session and a lunch for the kids and we went to Venice for the day. We didn’t do it until day 8 of our holiday and by then I realised how great the kids club was. The staff were very friendly – they came to see the kids off on our last day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

thank you for your review. We're happy that you had a pleasant stay and you would go back; if you book directly with us, you may take advantage of our promotions. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just came back from two nights in a one bedroom appartment at Residence eden. The place was spotless. The kitchen was well equipped, though it didn't have any microwave. The size of the appartment was big enough for a family of four. The pool was perfect for little children, not too deep and very large. The staff very friendly and efficient. One of the receptionists in particular went out of her way to show us the way to a supermarket. It was greatly appreciated especially when there is minimarkt on site. Without a doubt, we will go back there.
The hotel was quiet until another family moved in just below us, that's when we realise that the walls were quite thin... So be prepared for some noise from children...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hobbsling
Residence-Eden, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Residence Eden, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear hobbsling,

thank you for your review. We're happy that you spent a nice family holiday and found our residential hotel to be an excellent value for money. We look forward to seeing you again soon.