Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
SAVE US$21
PricelineUS$61
Hotels.comUS$61
getaroom.comUS$62
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for four nights at this hotel. The location means you require a car but from here you can easily get to the town in 2 minutes and many beaches on the peninsula in 5-10 minutes. It suited me because I wanted to spend my time exploring the area by car. They also have very good secure parking under the hotel if you ask, and they allocate you a personal space - which was great as you don't have to worry about where you're going to put your car when you get back at night.

My room was spacious, modern, and always very clean. Air con and hot water worked fine.

The breakfast was included and was better than a lot of other hotels - good choice, good quality, everything well presented.

What stood out for me was that the staff I met in the hotel were always very friendly and helpful. For example, I was shown to my room in person when I arrived (I don't think that has ever happened before), at breakfast the man managing the restaurant greeted me and pointed out where everything was such as the coffee, which was hot milk/cold milk etc. (and I saw him doing this each day for new people), and the woman who cleaned my room not only was friendly and cleaned it very well, she left interesting towel displays which got more extravagant each day.

So not only is it clean and safe, and good value, my experience was the staff make a real effort to give that extra level of customer service and to be honest I didn't really want to leave.

Many thanks!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2015

We only stayed one night, so haven't taken advantage of everything but the overal impression was very positive.

The pros: Very clean room, though it took them only 15mins to clean, which was "scary". Nice gift of tiny chocolates on the bed. Also, a delicious and abundant breakfast with great variety. Personal and fast service. We had a room next to the reception but did not experience any noise. Great views.

The cons: cleanliness of the external bathroom (next to the reception). Also, poor cosmetics in the room's bathroom. Very slow wifi.

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Natalia N
Hotel_Peregrina, Director de Recepción at Hotel Peregrina, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

We are sorry about the cons; the wifi is already fixed and we have new cosmetics,
We hope to accommodate them on another occasion

Reviewed April 28, 2015

Lovely family hotel, beautiful view over the city, the mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Nice clean bedroom with enouch space and balcony. Good utiliced and clean bathroom. Very friendly and helpfull staff. They make You feel welcome.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel_Peregrina, Director de Recepción at Hotel Peregrina, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2016

Thank you very much for your nice words,
it makes us very happy to know you enjoyed the stay with us,
Cheers

Reviewed July 12, 2012

HOTEL: The hotel and room were clean and of a modern design. The room was small with a small lcd tv, aircon, a safe and a small balcony with limited view. No mini bar. The room was serviced daily. The tiny pool was green with algae and not operating. A basic buffet breakfast was served 8am to 10:30am daily - no eggs. Wifi was available in the reception and restaurant areas only.

AREA: The hotel is a 15 min walk from Portonovo. A car is essential. Route AG4.1 is 2 minutes drive. The peninsula has plenty of beautiful beaches, hotels and camp sites. Very family oriented. Amazing eucalyptus and pine forests cover the area. It was difficult to find food other than Tapas. The Canelas beach was our favourite. We were not impressed with Vilanova, Arousa or O Grove - there are rustic fishing villages dotted about. Cambodas has a nice pedestrian centre with several tapas bars. The O Grove boat trip was lack-lustre. However, the trip to Islas Cies from Vigo is not to be missed. Santiago, Pontevedra and Vigo are worth a ramble around. Further afield, there is an excellent small secluded beach at the very end of the next peninsula south - about 3km along a dirt track beyond the town of Donon.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel is only 5 minutes away (by car) from the center of Portonovo and Sanxenxo, without the inconveniences of being in the middle of those crowded areas during summer season. Good breakfast buffet, and staff very friendly

Date of stay: July 2010