“Birthday Party”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Ate here at 18.00 on Saturday 3rd February to celebrate our Granddaughter's 8th birthday (she chose the venue). I was not sure what to expect and have to say I was surprised. The place is very popular and was soon almost full. There were a number of birthday groups ranging from our 8th through to an 80th, along with couples or small groups out for a Saturday evening meal. The atmosphere was good albeit somewhat noisy. The food was good and very reasonably priced. Our group had garlic bread, garlic bread with cheese, scallops and black pudding as starters, followed by a variety of pizzas, spaghetti bolognaise, veal limone, sole, salmon linguine. 10 clean plates says it all. Good selection for children. Wine and drinks reasonable. Only a short walk from our son and his partner. We would eat here again.

1  Thank VFM55

Reviewed January 30, 2018

What can I say about Mark and his staff. Nothing is any trouble to them , the food is amazing, great atmosphere and great value for money. So good my son and his partner are thinking of getting married there

1  Thank Marie J
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here several times over the years and never disappointed with the service, food and friendly staff.
Despite there being several large parties celebrating special birthdays plus a function upstairs, we were served speedily with good food. Never disappointed.

1  Thank Alicia H
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner tonight, it was one of the worst I’ve ever had. My partner had ribs to start which were served black and burnt. I had mussels, they were dry and over cooked. For main my partner had lamb, it was grey and bland, without any flavor and swimming in a huge lake of gravy. I had amatriciana, it was without bacon and when asked if i would like Parmesan a huge ladel full was plonked covering the dish, it was dry, tasteless and had been sat under the grill I would guess. We were just going to pay, leave and not return but when asked we only mentioned the blackened ribs.. in fairness these were removed from the bill. There is no ambiance at all and a couple of much better more authentic restaurants locally. We won’t be back!

1  Thank Pacha F
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food. The atmosphere was also nice. Staff polite and the whole place seems to be clean and nicely managed.

1  Thank Weronika P