2,187 results
All reviews modern hotel the upper deck walk in shower sky tv club room retail park leisure facilities party night the verve self service business trip wet room the pub great facilities great value for money bar area would stay again
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I was in Manchester for the weekend on a budget and found a terrific deal at this hotel including dinner, bed and breakfast. It wasn’t very central and at the wrong end of town from where I needed to be but I’m glad I chose this hotel. The staff were great, room very comfortable, food good and there was quite a busy buzz about the place.
I would choose it again, very pleasant place if you are ok with the location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterT5261, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear that you took advantage of one of our fabulous deals and enjoyed your stay with us.

We are of course away from the city centre but we are fortunate enough to be located very handily for the motorway network and right next to two Metrolink stops with direct trams into the city day and night, so when you add in the complimentary parking and ease of travelling here, it makes us a perfect option for city breaks or to explore the surrounding areas.

Thank you again for sharing your review with the tripadvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Village Hotel Ashton very soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We had a great stay at this hotel. Its a very short walk to the tram station which gives really easy access into Manchester City center after a 25 minute ride. The hotel is in good order and staff very, very helpful. We intend to return to Manchester in the near future and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Chose a room at the back of the hotel
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your lovely review and I was delighted to read that you had a great stay.

On behalf of the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Village Hotel Ashton very soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

The Village has knocked through from the lounge area to the restaurant and created a party themed sports bar, this was incredibly noisy in the evening and spilled into the reception area where drunk people were running about. There is no longer anywhere for residents to sit and relax other than your room. The old bar area has been turned into a private bar/restaurant for business people and was empty the whole time we were there. Having gone out for our tea in the evening we returned at 7-8ish and had to immediately retire to our rooms as no where to sit and relax anymore. We were then kept awake all night by the sound of drunk people running up and down the bedroom corridors & spilling out into the car park which was covered in broken glass the -following morning. Sadly Village hotels seem to be turning this hotel into a club 18-30 hotel so doubt we will stay again. Very disappointed!!!!

Room tip: Rooms at front are nicer but noisier due to people drunk in the car park
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterT5261, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear ManxTraveller1301,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and I was very sorry to read that your experience was not as anticipated.

If you would like to discuss these issues with me, please feel free to give me a call on 0161 674 0144 or e-mail me on peter.thomson@village-hotels.com.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in good location near to the motorway and within walking distance of the tram station which we got into Manchester. We were upgraded to a club room which was lovely with a big bed, huge tv and a Tassimo coffee machine. Breakfast was good self service, with cooked or continental. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate in staying in this hotel again for location and value!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

On behalf of my team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Village Hotel Ashton very soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

I arrived here on Saturday 27th October with my husband for one night. Check in was easy. The hotel was fantastic as was our bedroom and bathroom. It was clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfy and we both had a great night sleep. I went swimming on Saturday afternoon, I also used the jacuzzi and the sauna, which I thoroughly enjoyed. After I had finished swimming, I went back to reception to give back my locker band, it was a different receptionist the the one when I went into swimming. That receptionist who was on after I had been swimming treated me like someone she had stood in. She had a sour face, she spoke very abruptly to me and she had no manners whatsoever. Myself and my husband had payed £139 to stay for the one night and that is how I got treated, who does she think she is. She clearly needs retraining on her customer service/communication skills. Who the heck does she think she is. When I asked for her name for my this trip advisor review she wouldn’t give me it, because she knows full well how appallingly she treated me and that she didn’t want to be named or shamed. We treated ourselves and pushed the boat out and bookec into a more expensive hotel for a change, to relax and unwind because my mum has just passed away. It is fair to say she “Sour face” spoilt that for me/us. I was so angry that I reported her to the manager, who dealt with my complaint very professionally, who was also very apologetic. I went swimming again on Sunday morning, 28th. A young lady called Natalie was on reception this time. Natalie was very professional, polite, friendly, smiley, welcoming and chatty. Natalie is a credit to the hotel. I even thanked Natalie for being so friendly and polite. Natalie made me feel a whole lot better about being treated badly the previous day. I would have given five stars but couldn’t because of “Sour face” on Saturday. One thing is for sure, “Sour face will not put us off staying again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bustyblue
PeterT5261, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear bustyblue,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review and I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your visit to the Village Hotel Ashton and had the opportunity to make use of our extensive leisure facilities.

I was very sorry to read of the issue you encountered with one of our team members though and it was such a shame it spoiled what could have been the perfect break. If you would like to contact me to discuss, please feel free to give me a call on 0161 674 0144 or you can e-mail me on peter.thomson@village-hotels.com.

I was glad to hear it wouldn't put you off staying here again though and on behalf of the team and I, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.