“You get what you pay for !”
Review of Booths

Booths
Ranked #3 of 3 Quick Bites in Burscough
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The thing with Booths is -its a little bit dearer that others -on a par with waitrose -but as i said you get what you pay for ! They stick other brands than the rest -more unusual foods and suppliers ! Champions of the local suppliers and foods -ive never been disapointed with my shop . My local is in Hesketh Bank-but call here on a Friday when I have more time . Much varied choice of things and always fresh ! Nice cafe too -make sure you get your booths card -free brew in the cafe -free paper of your choice on a Saturday! Don't see Tesco or add a giving you anything!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I visit the cafe every week when shopping and overall I enjoy my visits but there are perhaps a couple of improvements that could be made.
Firstly I visit with my toddler who plays on the lovely wooden games tables. However on close inspection the tables are very dirty and could do with a deep clean. Due to amount of germs kids have it would be nice to have these sprayed and wiped down each day. The same with the highchairs.
Also now that Booths have stopped the free coffee with a food purchase it would be helpful to see more choice of food and perhaps cheaper cakes and biscuits. For example in Waitrose cafe many cakes and biscuits are around £1.
Overall however the cafe and shop are very pleasant and staff friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank jenster212
Reviewed September 27, 2018

My husband and I paid a visit to Booths on 27/9/18 to have a bite to eat but unfortunately I could only order a coffee due to the fact that Booths do not provide for vegans except for soya milk which happens to sometimes curdle in coffee as it did in mine. I am not asking for a gourmet meal but I would really appreciate just a little something to nibble on from time to time. I really do think that being in 2018 you could be a bit more vegan friendly. Hence I left feeling hungry and thirsty due to my soya milk curdling in my coffee.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Booths cafe is great value for members. We stopped and had tea, latte and cakes today and with the members discount it was only £5.35. Coffee was large and hot, the tea was in a generous sized teapot for one and the cakes were very nice. Definitely worth being a member.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I have avoided writing this review because I don’t like criticising places I visit but after half a dozen is its to this cafe Icannot find a great deal to praise. It is wheelchair friendly and has easy access but after that we’ll it leaves a lot to be desired. The designer has filled it with furniture that would not be acceptable In any smart, modern cafe. Perhaps it would be termed “rustic”, I would suggest scruffy and cheap. The counter where you order has a strange system whereby the girl who takes the order passes the drinks order across to another girl who sometimes produces the drinks a while before or after the food arrives. There’s little room to rest the drinks, design again, and often there’s a shortage of cutlery. Tables are not cleared regularly so I presume staff are not deployed properly or there is a staff shortage, tables often need wiping too. Food is ok but nothing special but staff are usually pleasant. I can’t say as a group of friends we would want to visit Booths on a regular basis and I’m sorry to give such a negative report.

Date of visit: July 2018