“Great local place...”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

Went today 20th Nov Sunday at lunchtime with the family. Great place tucked away off Martins Lane Burscough.

Play area for the kids, friendly animals and kids loved feeding the donkeys carrots. Had a great tasty lunch there (everyone finished their meals!) and then walked around the guided walks through fields/lakes.

Kids loved the ice cream and bought some fresh goods from the shop! I appreciated the fact that they catered for vegetarians....I had a good cooked breakfast including potato cakes, veggie sausage and veggie black pudding! This was greatly appreciated.

Well worth a visit

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed November 18, 2016

Went for brunch and had the full English, well cooked with home made potato cake. In the past we have also had lunch, homemade pies and fresh vegetables not frozen, very tasty. There is also a farmshop supplying fresh vegetables and meat, pies bread, wine and specialist beers. Outside the is a small play area. There are leaflets showing country walks around the farm.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch on sunday we were told about a wait for food which was fair enough. I can't moan about front of house they were good. I ordered the cooked breakfast when it eventually came i was disapointed with the quality. It looked like it was very overdone and the tomatoes were inedible and not a full potato cake. I didnt send it back at the time because i didnt want too wait for it too be redone. Plus i did ask for welldone eggs but they were like rubber. However the waitress was very good and did knock off some of the food. I will visit again but i will avoid a sunday. Because it is normally very good. I appricate they were short staffed but there isn't an excuse for the poor quality of food

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Nice place to stay, clean and tidy offering everything you need. Lovely tea room and farm shop. Would stay here again....!!!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Visited purely by chance as we was looking for a farm shop in Burscough. Decided we would eat and so glad we did. The food is just basic good quality product cooked perfectly. My wife had the full English of which I had her black pudding and a taste of her bacon. The bacon was so good we bought some in the adjoining shop along with the sausage. Lovely farm fresh free range eggs poached and fried so we also bought them as well.
I had home made chips, fried eggs and the best ham I have tasted in years. The ham is boiled on the farm and again we purchased 4 slices to take home. Coupled with a nice coffee it made for a nice lunch in a pleasant setting.Sometimes good old fashioned English food is what you want and The Barn does it very well.
The shop next door is also good and we purchased veg and some amazing local tomatoes and potatoes.
Will certainly return when we go shopping at the nearby Booths supermarket. We did wait a little to be served but cafe was busy and they did apologise but not an issue and just showed how friendly staff were.

Date of visit: August 2016