“Great place for breakfast”
Review of The Farm Burscough

The Farm Burscough
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Burscough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Ideal place for meeting friends in the area. Food is always hot and staff very pleasant local produce in the farm shop

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant cooked breakfast, nice setting and great service. Loved that you can choose how you want your eggs!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

First time visiting here for breakfast and will be returning. My Husband had the Full English and I had the Small Breakfast and we both throughly enjoyed it. Bacon and Sausage had been grilled so no added fat, which we like and everything else was also cooked well. Staff were polite and we didn’t have to wait long once we had ordered.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Ate here many times and always been nice but hadn't been for a while until today and was deeply disappointed. I ordered the Full English at £7.50 with a decaf Latte. My Full English was absolutely swimming in grease, I used 3 napkins to try and dry up the disgusting grease all over my plate and it was still floating everywhere.None of the waiting on staff even bothered to come and check if meal was ok and as they have now squeezed more tables into the tiny tearoom, it was extremely difficult to try and get away from your table and get through the other tables to speak to the staff who just hovered around the till area. Each table is now almost touching the table next to it. I barely ate any of my meal and my friend I was having a catch up lunch with couldnt eat all of hers neither, she had the beer battered fish and chips and left most of the batter, just pulling the fish out as it was not very nice. I went to the till and spoke with the owner and told her I was deeply disappointed and that my meal was swimming in grease, the only thing I got out of her was " was it" then she just stared blankly at me, offering no apology but still charging me the full price and offering no money back. I also complained about having to fight off all the flies whilst trying to eat my meal, incidentally this was indoor! We were not the only ones to complain about fighting off the flies all the time, the majority of the customers including myself could not wait to get out of the place, there were less flies outside! Each customer that complained about the flies were told they couldn't do anything about it, no apology, the staff were just rude and abrupt! Absolutely no customer service in this place anymore, disgusting food and everyone almost sat on top of each other, nothing nice about the tea room anymore and will not be visiting again, ive felt sick all afternoon from the little bit of my meal I ate and the thought of flies all over the food.. not hygienic whatsoever, ive never ate inside anywhere with flies buzzing round while trying to eat your meal... deeply disappointed, there's plenty more decent eating places all around the area I will use in future

5  Thank lindylou3008
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch, food excellent and well cooked. Staff very efficient and pleasant. First time we have been but will be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Catherine G, Owner at The Farm Burscough, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review, we are getting a good response to our updated menu and our new staff are settling in nicely after original staff are off to university and pastures new.