“Love this place, but I have just two teeny tiny suggestions!”

Merlin's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Burscough
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli, British, Cafe
Description: We are an artisan bakery cafe in Burscough dedicated to serving the highest quality local produce. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, cakes and freshly baked real bread supplied by ourselves through our award winning bakery Artisan Foodworks located adjacent to the cafe. This quirky cafe prides itself on serving up tasty, wholesome, rustic dishes all prepared from scratch. The breakfast and lunch menu is innovative and exciting along with our ever-changing daily specials. All of the breads used are made by hand, from scratch in our bakery as well as a large range of cakes, pies, quiches, salads and biscuits. The café is fully licensed and we have a lovely upstairs dining area and during warmer weather you can sit outside and relax close to the sites tranquil pond
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I love this place, I really do. The food is great, it comes quickly, the staff are efficient and friendly. It's a gem in an otherwise dreary industrial estate, and I'm so glad I was recommended it.

Now, for those teeny tiny suggestions - Firstly, some caffeine free tea would be wonderful! A Redbush, or a Peppermint would do nicely :D Secondly, it would be good to know (especially for new customers) what the kid options are, and what the prices for those options are. As far as I'm aware I think you can get a smaller version of anything on the menu? I wasn't 100% clear to be honest...

Date of visit: August 2017
Management response:Responded August 16, 2017

Thank you so much for your review. Caffeine free tea (and coffee) is always available at Merlin's - we have peppermint and chamomile tea as well as herbal infusions which are freshly picked from Merlin's herb garden. We would also like to reassure you that any items from our menu may be served as small portions for children or those with smaller appetites. Please do just ask next time you pop in and we would be more than happy to help you. Thanks again for your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Found this place on Trip Advisor, went in for breakfast and it was lovely. Staff are polite and friendly, outside seating also.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

As a frequent reviewer of cafes/restaurant's and hotels on trip-advisor I take my review's very seriously to enable accurate information for future visitors.

Merlins cafe is nested within the quiet area of the busy industrial estate located in burscough. The cafe is most definitely the best of it's kind in the area offering a wide range of foods and drinks from freshly extracted juices to full English breakfasts and daily specials. They have there own bakery located a couple of doors down so you can be assured that the breads and cakes on offer are as fresh as one could expect.
I also noticed they make there own gluten free/dairy free/paleo/raw protein dessert balls so i decided to try one and was not disappointed at all.

I ordered a range of sandwiches for the company I work for. These consisted of the following...

*1x bacon & sausage sandwich
*1 x black pudding,egg and mushroom sandwich
*1 x sausage & mushroom on toast
*1 x bacon egg & black pudding on toast.

All of these sandwiches that we ordered had been cooked to perfection and were of a high quality produce.

As for service...

The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

The cafe itself overlooks a manmade pond and open fields from the conservatory and is a very bright & clean enviroment.

From what I have heard it's family run and seems to be doing very well, if you want a pleasant meal whether it be a quick lunch, a business meeting or a meal with the family then I can assure you you will not be disappointed.

Thank you for a great service and pleasant visit. wishing you all the best.

☆☆☆☆☆
5 stars from me

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Charlton MInicoaches had our end of year staff meal here. The staff were very accommodating and organised. Food came out very fast and was delicious. I always recommend merlins and will keep doing so!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I have been visiting Merlins for over a year now and love the place! All the staff are really friendly and helpful. I love how they have healthier options available and they are totally different to any other cafes in the area. We love their home made bread, cakes and their daily specials! So glad we are now based on Merlin Park so we can visit even more often.