Ye Olde Punchbowl Country Inn & Gardens
The Tontine Hotel(Ironbridge)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewspunch bowlfunction roomturkeybeefgarlic potatoesfamily birthday meallovely carverythe pubselection of vegetablescarvery mealsbook in advancesoupgreat mealchristmas lunchheld our wedding receptionfrom start to finishsaturday lunchtime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never been to this pub before. Dropped in while passing after a day out on Easter Sunday. Possibly the BEST carvery we've ever tasted. All meats were succulent and tender (I had a piece of each meat on offer). Roasts, veg and sauces all perfect. Topped of with a beef gravy which was sent from heaven (Well maybe not heaven, but it was good!). All staff were pleasant and attentive. Very impressed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely meal, but slow service which does not accord with previous experiences. Staff were polite & knowledgeable but service was slow when the restaurant was not massively busy. This was a Thursday evening and to our reckoning there was no more than 3 other tables filled at the same time

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
NostalgiaInns, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Country Inn & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am really pleased you enjoyed the food this is reassuring to read.

I am sorry you were not happy with our service, I have shared this review with the staff that worked Thursday evening, this has been addressed with the staff that worked.

We catered for forty five people that evening but it was a slow start to begin with and I assume you were one of the first bookings? I agree the service should of been excellent so its unusual the service was slow?

I hope you have the confidence to use us again and see this is acute 'one off' situation which has been addressed, so once again please accept my apologises on behalf of the staff that worked that evening.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Well I don’t know how to even start this review really I can not recommend this venue enough for weddings party’s food in general it was great myself and my partner have been dealing with Adam and Charlotte for a while now since booking our wedding, and from day 1 until checking out this morning they have all been superb!! Rooms are fantastic comfy clean and spacious. All the team have worked so hard for our big day to go smoothly and nothing was to much trouble for any of them! I’ve even made a friend in Charlotte and Adam I felt at ease with both and felt I’d known them years the food on the day was fantastic complemented by all friends and family and the night doo was just as good anyone thinking of getting married or planing an event this is the perfect place to have it thank you all at the Punch Bowl will be visiting again very soon you haven’t got rid of me that easy!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
NostalgiaInns, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Country Inn & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, it really has put a smile on the teams faces. We are so pleased that your wedding was a resounding success at Ye Olde Punchbowl Country Inn and Gardens.

It most certainly was a fantastic day and the firework display was just amazing.

We look forward to seeing you again :)

Once again Thank you

Adam & Charlotte

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This place has to be my favourite eatery, and yet again had another superb AGA cooked car very. The price has risen to £10.95 on Sunday’s. It is still well worth the money as you would pay a lot more for half the quality in Sutton!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Raymond I

Hi,

We are so pleased you had a great meal and the service was good too, we look forward to hopefully seeing you again. Comments like this boost morale, so thanks for taking the time to write a nice review :)

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Hubby booked this last thing for my birthday.. Saturday overnighter.. due to snow we didn't arrive until after 5.. although bar doesn't open til 6, we were asked if we would like a drink before checking in, and we served sat infront of the cosy open fire.
When going to room as others had cancelled we were then upgraded at no extra cost.. I love this place.. and all who work there.. thank you again for another lovely weekend..x

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple