“No great”

Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A delightful Victorean inspired licensed tea room with a beautiful garden terrace and glorious views over the River Severn and Low Town. Serving light lunches, morning and afternoon tea seven days a week (Please note that we only use fresh ingredients delivered daily, therefore it is always best to book at least 24hrs in advance for Afternoon Teas to avoid disappointment. Due to the unique nature and quaint charm of our property our kitchen is very small and this may cause delays during busy periods however we will make sure that it was worth the wait!! You can watch the Cliff Railway operating and see the winding house for the railway in action from the tea rooms. We offer exceptional service and food made fresh on the premises using local ingredients, make this place a must see on a visit to Bridgnorth.
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Sunny Sunday afternoon and arrived to almost every table,inside and out, covered in used crockery waiting to be cleared. We had to add to the pile on another table to clear one to sit at. Coffee was fine but I have got soya milk and it smelt strange and as I didn't want to take it back up the steps I just left it. We thought the place would look better when we left but it was just the same. Maybe they were understaffed or the dishwasher had broken but the place was a disgrace to be honest. Also be aware access is via steep winding stairs.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

When we turned up we were asked wether we would like to sit inside or out and the young girl suggested outside as it was a lovely day. We found a lovely seat outside and noticed some tables had not been cleared including the one we chose.
We were served a pot of tea and the young girl apologised for the table not being cleared saying they were short staffed.
We waited quite a long time for our food which we did not mind as we were enjoying the scenery and weather. When the food turned up it was beautifully presented with a very colourful side salad, we both ordered a cheese toastie and the cheese was oozing out of the sides and the cheese was absolutely delicious. Afterwards we had a cream scone which again was delicious, the scone was the best we had tasted in a long time.
As we left we thanked the staff and told them the meal was lovely and it was definitely the wait which made them smile.
Lovely place and would definitely go back. Sometimes places do having staffing problems but i think if they make you aware at the start its your choice wether you stay or not and in our case we are glad we stayed.

5  Thank Yvonne P
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We came on a visit with the kids and they ordered a sandwich each and my husband and I shared an afternoon tea. Oh my goodness, the best sandwiches I think I have ever had! Beautiful views and lovely staff. Highly recommended

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We chose this cafe because we wanted to sit outside (and not on the street) for lunch last week in sunny weather. The stairs down to both the inside cafe and further down to the terrace were quite steep but, for the able-bodied, well worth the effort. The terrace is alongside the cliff railway and it was interesting to watch the trains going up and down whilst we were enjoying lunch. We chose sandwiches which came on thick bread with generous fillings and thoroughly enjoyed them. The lunch menu choice was fairly simple and traditional but there's nothing wrong with that. We'd definitely return to eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Visited at 2:30. Offered table outside. Asked if cold to sit outside; replied don’t know I don’t go outside. Interesting start...
Sat next to funicular railway which was nice. Sought to order 3x cream teas - according to menu £5 each.

Last three scones, so no choice as to flavours. Two teas and one coffee requested, so not a difficult order.

Asked to pay £17:50 as thought I wanted three teas and one coffee. No just three drinks. New total £15.10 as coffee more expensive. But not according to menu I replied. So staff had to read menu to check- bizarre! I said just charge me £15.00 when next attempt came out at £14.85. Surly assistant told server just charge him £14.85.

Surprised so highly rated on Trip Advisor, some customer service training might help.

Date of visit: August 2018