We stayed at the Wheelwrights Arms for 2 nights, in room 2. This is a well presented pub with rooms, in a very pretty, tiny, village.
The room was lovely, in particular the huge bathroom (note that there isn't a shower, just an attachment on the free standing bath). We ate in the restaurant on the second evening. Whilst the food was nice enough, it was nothing special and not really of the level that the website suggests, and not on a par with the accommodation.
Breakfast was included and was very generous - plenty to keep us going until afternoon tea time.
The pub is open all day but only does food at set times. We were headed to a wedding on the evening that we arrived and were hoping to get a bar snack, so had to head out to somewhere else (this isn't a criticism and, to be fair, we didn't ask whether they could rustle us something up... but worth bearing in mind)
A nice touch is that they provide suggested walks from the pub. Unfortunately, we weren't able to take advantage of these but would definitely be tempted to go back and give one a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe