“No longer Gadie's!! It's now an American diner :(”
Review of Gadie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Gadie's Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2016

So disappointed, we went for a birthday lunch to find that this wonderful restaurant has been replaced by an American diner. The shop has also closed making a visit an altogether different experience - worth knowing if you're travelling a distance to go.
The friendly cosy atmosphere is gone and the menu is very limited. I can't rate the food because there was really nothing I wanted to eat despite being pretty hungry - I don't think that's ever happened to me before! The food might be very good but if you go expecting Gadie's style Scottish fine foods you are going to be disappointed !

Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

This place has a limited menu (not a bad thing) but what they do, they do it really well. The SP fries and 'slaw are amazing.

Try the sundaes!

Ps BYOB and live music on Friday nights.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

after consulting the website we expected to find a nice shop and a place to have lunch, after a lengthy drive we arrived to both the shop and restaurant being closed ! It appeared the shop had been closed for a while , it would be nice if the proprietors of the restaurant could update the website or Facebook when they are not open to prevent visitors having a wasted trip.

3  Thank Trinitraveller963
Reviewed April 16, 2016

When I eat at Gaddies I know I will get something different, with lots of taste and flavour. The staff are very welcoming and always engage with the customer.

Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch. The cafe has a very limited menu. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich and I had an 8 bean chilli. The food was ok but the chilli wasn't spicy at all. The restaurant was a bit cold and not very welcoming - I didn't see any cakes on display. The shop next door has closed making the visit a bit of a disappointment.

6  Thank Martin_Doc