All reviews high tea steak pie lovely table yorkshire pudding cullen skink sunday lunch four poster bed mother's day main course honeymoon suite salmon function room train line family room cooked to perfection lovely hotel well worth a visit
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Myself and a few friends visited this hotel for lunch a few weeks back and it was divine. The staff were super friendly, apart from one girl who i shall mention later, and the food was great value and presented adequately.

We all went for the fish and chips and the size of the fish was out of this world! Great value and my husband certainly enjoyed the portion size. We asked to substitute the mushy peas for garden peas and this was no trouble for the staff.

As i said the staff were so attentive, one young man even brought a water jug to the table without us asking! However, one young woman with long brownish hair was rather abrupt in her manner. For one, she spent most of the time on her phone and when we spoke to her she seemed frosty and unresponsive as though she had other things on her mind! Besides her the trip was fabulous and we shall return i am sure.

Karen

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank fatwelt
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Our favourite place to eat; last night enjoyed their fantastic carvery, I opted for the chicken and pork; both of which were cooked to perfection, I am not really a fan of sausages but decided to try their chipolatas which were delicious {I am now a fan!!} the potatoes, vegetables and gravy completed the meal. My husband had the gammon and beef, which he thoroughly enjoyed. The buffet of small scones and cakes are also excellent. The only thing I would suggest is a spoon for the jam; not a good idea using a buttered knife to delve into the jam, I for one do not like butter and jam together, hence the suggestion of providing a spoon; a small point, I know, but I think worth mentioning.

The dining room is well appointed; very comfortable and relaxing. Nice views out over the Forth and Edinburgh. The staff are very welcoming and attentive.

The hotel also offers a good selection of quality gifts, jewellery etc.,

Toilets are clean but aware of just how hot the water is, maybe a warning sign would be a good idea.

The hotel is always busy so booking is recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Before I start my review, I'd like to express my thanks to the owners of the Kingswood for permitting some of my late wife's ashes to be scattered in their grounds on the 18th June (on what would've been our 8th Wedding Anniversary) and the care they took of me and the mutual (to both me and Diane) friend, w0ho travelled down from near Stonehaven, to be with me that day. Diane loved staying in the area and was particularly fond of the hotel - and especially their breakfasts - so scattering some of her ashes in the area was an obvious choice.

Me and Diane had looked at the possibility of spending Hogmanay in Scotland, but she wasn't one for crowds, fireworks or loud noise, so Edinburgh was out. However, the Kingswood is ideally placed, so close to the north coast of the Firth of Forth, that the fireworks are easily visible from it. We took their Hogmanay Ceilidh & Dinner, with overnight accommodation, though we booked it too late to get a Double Room and had to settle for a Twin, instead.

The dinner wasn't of the fare, I was used to, but we both enjoyed it and the Ceilidh that followed it. We didn't didn't take part in the dancing, until just before Midnight - when I demonstrated why I don't dance very often! For both me and Diane, though, the highlight of the night was standing on the lawn at the front of the hotel and watching the firework display at Edinburgh Castle, without having all the noise and crowds to deal with.

The room was comfortable and came with all the usuals of TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a decent shower and complimentary toiletries. The beds were comfortable and we slept well in them.

With it being so long ago, I can't actually remember what Diane had, but I had the Scottish Breakfast and it was up to their usual high standard. Fruit, fruit juice, yoghurt and cereals were plentiful, as were the tea, coffee and toast.

Again, I'd like to thank the Kingswood for their generosity in permitting Diane's ashes to be scattered there and for looking after me and my friend from near Stonehaven.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Had a family meal for our 40th Anniversary
Booking and confirmation was very easy.
We were greeted on arrival by friendly and cheery staff.
We had a special table set out for us.
We had mainly adults but had one Infant one toddler and an older child who were catered for.
We allhad the Sunday roast.
It was excellent and we really enjoyed the food.
Everyone enjoyed it and all commented that they would be back.
Many thanks to Norrie and his staff

Trip type: Travelled with family
KingswoodBurntisland, Manager at Kingswood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Thank you for your review, we're delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your meal and everything was as expected

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Lovely hotel and the high tea was amazing. The Sunday carvery choice was wide and the scones and cakes for high tea all home made and delicious. Would recommend the high tea most highlly.
Will definitely return as we were made most welcome and the staff extremely polite and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your great review, we hope we might welcome you again in the not too distant future