“Great shopping!”
Review of The Vimy

The Vimy
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Didn't eat here, although it looked like a great place for tea, but the shopping was wonderful for interesting jewelry, clothing and home decor. I understand in the fall, the shop becomes entirely a Christmas store. The staff are fun, energetic and helpful.

1  Thank Pshn4life

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Well,what can one say,when as soon as you walk into this store/tearoom...everything is done to make you feel your welcome there. ..this being our first time I look for a repeat performance upon my return with more friends,whom I plan to introduce to Vimy.
Our lunch was so artistically prepared on the plate ,almost a shame to eat it,though it enticed you more to try and definitely not be disappointed.
The store in itself is a spenders delight!!!!!

1  Thank b p
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The service and music were exceptional. The decor was memorable, tastefully done. But the food was not what I expected or wanted. The chicken noodle soup was from a Can for $4.99. I asked as it tasted like it was not homemade. I was so upset by this that I asked and first told it was homemade, then a minute later told it was from a Can with vegetables added later! I asked about a homemade bread roll and said only crackers were with it. So the server took it back. I had only coffee. A bad taste was left in my mouth from a lack of concern about my disappointment. My friend liked her tomato sandwich which was prepared on bakers bread. The young girl playing the music was delightful and it was difficult to be upset as all but the food was divine! I thought the owner was friendly but she should have addressed my total disappointment with my order.

Several other happenings while in The Vimy- the top of the coffee pot fell in my cup and I was not too sure about drinking the coffee after that incident. Also, I found a silver ring in the bathroom(on sink) but never got a thank you or acknowledgement for turning the jewelry in to some workers across from the washroom. The place is very close and seems to have the preparation room not ideally placed(too close to washroom). Perhaps a little more effort needs to be placed on customer service by the owner of the business. The young girl serving was very friendly and took some photos at my friend's request. Thank you for being an A+ server!

So to end this review, I would recommend preparation of a homemade soup with a small homemade roll, plus homemade bread for sandwiches. The owner could improve her interest in her customers and stop by to ask if the customers are happy with their fare, rather than ask after the meal. It's really a done deal then. Perhaps a sign on the road with times the establishment is open would be helpful as well. This was my third time driving in on the property. The first time there was no sign stating whether or not the place was open and I had searched for it, having seen it on the Sharon Snow segment of a tv show. This time I saw that it wasn't open until noon, which seems late for breakfast.

I hope to see some improvements in food when I visit again.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This is the first time I have ever posted a review but I was so disappointed in our Afternoon Tea at the Vimy. The setting was lovely as were the young girls serving but the Tea when it finally arrived was not good.Supermarket inexpensive bread, store bought cookies cut in half, and store bought Scones ? the filling on the "Finger Sandwiches was so thin you could not taste it! Flakes of Chicken from a can, when we were told it was shredded chicken? the sandwiches were so dry from sitting in the heat. Very disappointing, I hope the owner will take this into consideration and provide good quality items .

1  Thank lucille c
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Th is is open from May -Dec. and well worth visiting. It is amazing inside full of wonderful treasures. Daily lunch and afternoon tea are delightful ! So looking forward to May already to revisit ! See you soon !