“Apparantly under new management, and it shows.”
Review of Latino's - CLOSED

Latino's
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

The food was well below average even if it had been half the price. The server was nice but disappeared without offering refills or checking to see if our food was okay. The outdoor atmosphere was nice, but the paper "tablecloth" covered plastic fold up tables (like at a yard sale) were not what I'd expect from what is supposed to be a semi-nice restaurant.

I had high expectations for this place, and I was severely disappointed, to say the least. There were 7 of us, and my 5 year old daughter was the only one who liked her food. It started out with us being told the 5 menu items that they were out of, one of which was the only chicken entree. Because I don't eat fish or lamb, my only choice was the filet mignon with a coffee glaze for $24.99. It seems they felt it was ok to give me the fatty end piece of the tenderloin. The small amount that I did eat was just ok. The coffee glaze was actually really good, but there was very little of it. I got mofongo as my side, and it was very poorly executed. It was thick and dried out, and the only thing I could taste was the starch from the plantains... In my group, people also had the snapper, which was deep fried whole and just tasted of oil, the ribs, which were greasy and tasted only of grease, and some other fish that was broiled and completely unseasoned. Once our food was delivered, our server didn't return for half an hour. Most of us ran out of our drinks. I also thought for an average of about $25 per person that it might come with a salad, especially since it took a good 35 min (probably longer, actually) for our food to come. It appeared to take quite a while for other diners to receive their food as well.

I did like that it was situated near a large courtyard with a fountain because the two little ones would never have made it through dinner otherwise.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great location in the Palmanova Plaza. Kids can visit the fountain and run around. We got recommendations for this place from Palmas regulars. I got the lamb, mostly because the guy who seated us told me it was a "religious experience." It was delicious! I found myself chomping on the bones! My husband ordered the ribs, and they too were wonderful. Kids got chick fingers and fries. Service was great and friendly. A must if you are staying at Las Palmas.