“Nice dinner”

Ranked #14 of 201 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it. Come and enjoy the PLATOS experience...
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a local pulled pork type dish that was good. Rest of the group were also happy with the food, but nothing extraordinary. Nice place for dinner, reasonable prices, but nothing special.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We had the snapper , sautéed mussels, cancan , jibarrito (plantains with pork in between)... Everything was great! The restaurant was walking distance from our restaurant, and perfect for a meal after a long day of flying. And the white sangria was the perfect match to the meal!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here. We had the Calamari, shrimp soup, and a stuffed plantain. All were delicious. We also had their coconut sangria it was very good. You got a large glass. We were please with our experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

My family and I stopped in for dinner shortly after arriving in San Juan and we ere very pleased with the authentic food and service. Recommended.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

First off the waiter was extremely helpful in finding a food item my daughter could eat since she is vegetarian. The inside of her mofongo was good, the mofongo itself, dry/tasteless and kind of flour-y. I had the chicken mofongo and i thought it was aweful! The beans and rice were good but was charged individually for the beans and rice even though they were together on the menu! We did not try mofongos anywhere else to compare because it was that bad. Maybe that’s how they are supposed to be, I won’t be trying them again. I’m rating “average “ instead or poor only because the drinks and the rice saved it.