“Delicious Affordable Caribbean Food!Great place to enjoy the island's cusine!Your taste buds and wallet will thank you!”

Andy's Liquor Store & Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 199 Restaurants in Carolina
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Caribbean, South American, Central American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Family friendly store and restaurantWe have everything for everyoneIce cold beer, liquor and delicious Caribbean cuisine.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Delicious Affordable Caribbean Food! Great place to enjoy the island's cusine! Your taste buds and wallet will thank you!

Everytime I visit puerto rico and Hacienda Campo Rico for family excursions, I make sure to stop by and grab a bite to eat at a nearby small hidden gem restaurant called "Andy's Liquor Store & Restaurant." Its located on the main street called Campo Rico Avenue (in spanish: Avenida Campo Rico). It so good, I just want to keep this place a little secret and not tell anyone! But there are so many people being fooled by the tourist traps, it is my duty to help and to spread the love.

They have amazing local and Caribbean dishes at such an affordable price. They pack on lots of food and it's crazy how cheap it is, and how finger licking delicious it is too! The liquor and beer is super cheap too. They have an English menu in the restaurant which is helpful. The employees at the store and restaurant also speak English. The two women owners of the restaurant, Luisa and her daughter, are such lovely ladies and very hospitable, they make you feel right at home. Everything they make is homemade and made with love. My family of 5, each had a typical island dish with appetizers and sodas and I paid the whole tab of the meals....it was only $42! Amazingly cheap!! I couldn't believe it, I had to ask the lady if that was the right price for EVERYTHING? She giggled and said yes! I was speechless, because at one of the restaurants by my hotel on Isla Verde Avenue, my plate ALONE with an appetizer and 2 beers came out to $40! Unbelievable Probably the best and cheapest meals we have had on the island!

Next door outside to the restaurant is another entrance to the liquor store. I always get my puerto rican souvenir alcohol or liquors from this store rather than from Old San Juan or anywhere near the tourist areas. At the beginning of my Puerto Rico travels, I was stupid enough to fall for the tourist traps such as restaurants with tasteless expensive foods and expensive souvenir shops all near the hotels. Until one day I decided to go off on my own and rent a car, only then did I notice I was being fooled. I always tell friends and family to travel in big groups and to ride early in the morning to the nearby towns, only there can you really discover and experience the culture.

Trust me, once you discover this gem and its delicious affordable food and liquor, you will love it!

5  Thank YellowDia