“Good & Fresh Italian Food in Town”

Italian House & Grill Il Nonno
Ranked #37 of 208 Restaurants in Carolina
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recognized as one of the best Italian restaurants for over 20 years throughout Puerto Rico. We also specialize in international and Caribbean cuisine. All our pasta is home made, prepared al dente with a variety of tailored to every taste sauces without forgetting its famous Risottos before; Saffron, mushrooms, shrimp and lobster. have different cuts of meat such as filet mignon, skirt steak,vand Veal Sirloin including grilled seafood variety like salmon, mahi- mahi, Snapper, Lobster, Shrimp Mussels and Clams certainly if you want to enjoy an extensive variety of flavors and good food Italian House & Grill, Il Nonno.
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

The Best customer service I ever had in my life, since the valet parking throw the Owner. We have avocado rissottoand Alfredo pasta, spaguetti with meat sauce. And jumpo shrim covers in bacon, for appettizers only! Great!!!! Needs to improve menu inventory...

Reviewed February 19, 2017

My wife and I had dinner at Il Nonno in late February 2107. Our experience was simply dreadful. Ordinarily, I do not post bad restaurant reviews on TA since I prefer to communicate my concerns directly to management or, alternatively, not to post a review at all. Il Nonno was so thoroughly awful, though, that I have decided to make an exception because I wouldn’t want any other TA reader to have the same horrible dining experience that we had.

This place is well rated on TA and it was recommended by friends who spend several months in Isla Verde every year, so we had expected something much better than this. But, as it turned out, pretty much everything that could be done wrong in a restaurant was done even worse than one would have thought possible. I will as briefly as possible attempt to summarize what happened to us.

We made reservations for dinner the day before and arrived at the restaurant on time. When we walked in, my impression was that the restaurant was tired, untidy and poorly maintained — not a good start to the evening. We walked up to the receptionist's station and the person on duty did not bother to greet us and instead, continued with his telephone conversation for a good four or five minutes. Finally, he acknowledged our presence and escorted us to a table that had not been cleared. We waited for another interminable period of time expecting to have our table cleared and our drink orders taken — but this didn’t happen. I finally got a different waiter’s attention and asked for a wine list and received a curt and surly response to the effect that they did not have a wine list, but that if I was interested I could go back to the front of the restaurant where each offered wine was on display. I declined this invitation and instead flagged down our waiter and order two rum and tonics. Of course, it took forever for them to arrive. When our drinks finally showed up, I decided that we should put in an order for an appetizer (which we had decided to share) because I was pretty sure by now how the evening would unfold. The waiter was completely unhelpful, but deigned to take our order just the same. Not surprisingly, it took forever for our appetizer to arrive and when it did it was placed on the table with no plates and no silverware. Things were going rapidly from bad to worse and continued to roll down hill from there. The remainder of our evening at Il Nono was similarly unpleasant and totally disagreeable. I see no useful purpose in further detailing this saga of staggering incompetence and unforgivable discourtesy, since I am certain that my readers will have gotten the point by now.

I will never again patronize this restaurant.

Italian H, Manager at Italian House & Grill Il Nonno, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

We apologize for your experience our commitment is 100% to our customers for a different experience on each visit for it thanks for your comment on tripadvisor to correct however we want to communicate with us via email to ilnonnopr@gmail.com to make an invitation Formal with the intention of changing that experience we hope you can accept cordially Felix Santiago

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by several people who spend the winter in Isla Verde. When we entered, there was no hostess, and we waited a long time to be shown a table even though we did have a reservation. Our table still had plates and a napkin from the previous customer. The wait for our cocktails was far too long. We observed another table that was served bread, but we has to ask, and then had to ask for dipping oil. We asked twice for water. Our appetizer of calamari was good but we had no appetizer plates, silverware, or napkins. Again, we were forced to ask. I wanted a shrimp dish - the restaurant was out of shrimp. My pasta Carbonara was fair and my husband's Churrasco was not much better. The service was much too slow, the food mediocre, and the wait staff inattentive. In an area where there are many restaurant choices, this one needs to step up its game and act like customers are important.

Italian H, Manager at Italian House & Grill Il Nonno, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Went on a Saturday evening for dinner with my wife and had a wonderful time.
Valet parking available and the servers are very friendly and courteous.
For drink had the red sangria and was delicious!
Also had the bottle of Ben Marco Malbec wine from Argentina, rich in flavors. Highly recommend the wine.
For appetizer had the wine chorizo with bread. No complain about it!
For main had the salmon filete with mash malanga and the pork filled of ripe plantain with peas risotto.
Both were cooked perfectly and with good taste.
For dessert the vanilla flan , home made and it was exquisite.
Highly recommend the restaurant if you want to have good Italian food.
Will come back again soon!

1  Thank Eddanor
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Went with a Gustazo coupon, but it's menu was not available. Not a lot of parking area. Excellent service, great atmosphere and lighting. Food was good, especially their avocado risotto, everything else didn't taste anything spectacular for the $129.00 tab for two. Sangria was average but loaded.