“ITALIAN DINING AT IT'S FINEST”
Review of La Piccola Fontana

La Piccola Fontana
Ranked #21 of 210 Restaurants in Carolina
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Pricey, yes, but well worth it. Staff and food and ambiance - superb in every way. One of the best meals I ever had. Even if you are not staying in Isle Verde, I would go to this restaurant. Perfectly cooked calamari, osso bucco, rissoto and dessert we had! they have traditional Italian cousin as well as chef specials.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 12, 2016

We dined her for our anniversary celebration the night before we left Isla Verde. We were looking for a more upscale restaurant to go and we decided to go to El San Juan hotel and didn't realize they had so many restaurants to choose from. I'd have to say that service was excellent (they treated us with great courtesy and attention), food was soooooooo good and overall atmosphere was just great. I had the salmon and a side of fetuccine alfredo and my hubby had the steak with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Ingredients were fresh and deliciously prepared. It is expensive but worth it.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank green4859
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Service is great. Staff are all wonderful. Food was not prepared as expected, to be fair, they do use good quality ingredients though. My risotto was grainy under cooked. Lamb was salty and not tender enough. Fish (I forgot if its halibut or seabass) was nice but the vegetables and sauce was very salty and mushy. Steam clams was great but lack of juice. Overall and all, could be better with that price.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

This restaurant is very expensive but the food was good. I would not eat there on a regular basis but it is a nice restaurant for special occasions. Staff was awesome but with drinks we were at $60 a person for dinner and one shared appetizer.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Took family and friends to dinner here. Ordered the sausage and spinach risotto for an appetizer to share. It had a weird flavor and was not good. My wife ordered the egg plant parmigian. It was soggy and mushy. My chicken parm was the best thing of the evening. The staff was very friendly but for the price I would go to Chops.

Date of visit: June 2016