“Not Bad!”
Review of Parador Vistamar

Parador Vistamar
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quebradillas
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We stayed a weekend, family of 5. We had to pay for an extra guest, because rooms are for 4.
Room was clean, no refrigerator, no coffee maker, just an old TV with limit cable.Bathroom needs a deep clean, there was lime on the window.
Pool was great, 4 to 12 feet. No lifeguard. There's a pool for babies and toddler.
The view is just spectacular.
We totally dislike the restaurant. The breakfast they offered with the room rate is bread and jelly or butter, coffee or juice, that's it. We ordered something more from the menu and everything was cold. At the end you had to go down to pay at the reception. There's no cheap food options near the hotel,

Room Tip: poolside rooms have the better view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We've been there twice now and the first experience was okay, we where there briefly. The room was so confortable, 1 bed little tv, awesome sanitary area for showering and a small balcony out looking forest life. There is a huge pool with the best view of the guajataca tunnel.

Now a year later ... We booked a two bed room with ocean/ pool view and we loved it. The only few negative comments is the restaurant isnt opened long enough, part of the kids pool was being repaired (which is great) the bending machines where out of service and it ment we had to go to the local store for monchies, thats something to consider before arriving (go to the store before hand)

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The hotel staff where very nice. But the hotel need improvement. Water leak in the bathroom, vending machine not working, ice machine not working and no lifeguards on the pool area. The restaurant needs to improve it service and menu. If they fix this problem is going to be a good place to stay. And please coffee makers, in the cafeteria they limit you to a small cup and if you want more they charge you

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2016

If you are visiting nearby areas, this hotel can provide a nice room for you to stay, room was 304 with ocean view, which is spectacular... it has a swimming pool and tennis court, there is no restaurant but they provided a few pastries and coffee early morning. Bed was a queen size, air conditioned room, no carpets, bathroom was clean and nice. Overall it is not a vacation resort, but can provide a sleeping solution for a short time, paid around a $101.00 per night and tax. There are other rooms less expensive although not as nice.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Had to book a hotel as a last minute cause of my Christmas Eve family reunion. My sister live in the north part of the country so I decided that me and my family would stay in this hotel cause the picture in their websites look amazing. When we got there we got a room in the second floor left side of the lobby office and was the back room I think it was 215 don't remember the number. The point is I enter the room with my toddlers and my mom and brother and there were two bed with transparent sheets. The carpet was pull of the floor cause I guess the leaks that the ceiling had and the bed will socked on them. Anyways the tv was a 19 inches or 13 it was an old small tv. The bathroom was ugly like a circa 50's type of decoration. The next day the woman at the lobby offered the breakfast which had no table or chair to sit down to eat our food. They only offered bread, coffee, orange juice and coffee cakes and muffin. At least something is something, right ? Very bad experience won't recommend. And the pictures in their websites are the room with the view to the ocean. Paid 109 for the night.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2016

I was book to stay the night of March 20 at Hotel El Guajataca, hotel that I made reservations based on TripAdvisor comments, and the direct link from TripAdvisor to hotels.com. Since 7:28pm of the day of March 20 I was calling Hotel El Guajataca, without response. I was completely lost on a dangerous area, and had to have assistance of 9-1-1 to guide me to Hotel El Guajataca. When I finally got to their facilities nobody was at the front desk, and there was only a security guard and many dogs in the entrance of Hotel El Guajataca, so I decided that after 6 hours of being lost and the terribly service "Hotel El Guajataca" was delivering I called hotels.com, after hours with hotels.com on the line they didn't anything good for me. In fact hotels.com staff was rude, arrogant, and unhelpful, and they stated that there was no room available any close to the area, that I should stay were I booked or go home.

I found Parador Vistamar, and meet on the front desk a friendly and courteous night shift front desk employee, Luis Rodriguez. Even I just arrive without reservation, and it was almost 2:00am in the night, Luis was able to take care of my needs and gave me the better room that they had available by them. My girlfriend went to sleep, since she was tiried, and I decided to say at the front desk because I was dealing with the "Hotel El Guajataca" cancelation, hotels.com lack of customer service, and writting emails as required by hotels.com to complain about the situation. Luis was my company of the night and he was really very helpfull, I was finishing all the emails and phone calls to try to get a refund from hotels.com for my non-cancellable, non-refundable reservation and making the complain about hotels.com treatment.

What I found at Parador Vistamar was a group of helpfull people, very cooperativa, friendly, focused on the customer needs, and able to make your stay a good experience.

We need to realize that this is not a five stars hotel so did'nt expect five stars rooms and facilities, but you should get a decent clean room, a gorgeous view, a friendly environment with employees working there for more than 31 years (like Lizeth), a nice pool area, and everything you should need to have a nice budget night or vacation.

I really want to point one that Luis Rodriguez and Lizeth took care of my and my girlfried in every single moment, and we feel like familiy.

They are having some difficulties like the whole economy is experiencing in Puerto Rico but if TripAdvisors guest support them and considered as a choice they will move ahead, and next time will be a whole more gorgeous experience.

Thanks to Luis for a night of taking care of me.

They deserve to be given the opportunity of being able to growth back again.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

The ocean view is just great as you will appreciate from the photos. The rooms are spacious and clean. In my room the air conditioning was located close to the bed and was difficult to control. Unfortunately the place looks worn down. Nevertheless it's an option not too expensive compared to other hotels close by that are 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed: December 2015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quebradillas
62.8 km away
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon
12.3 km away
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Parador Vistamar? Share your experiences!