All reviews wine tasting slice of heaven lounge chairs three nights argentina tours swimmingpool pesos lagarde patio remise region
Reviewed February 12, 2018

I'm writing a revised review of the hotel. They had charged me 3x and it took over a month to get reimbursed a partial amount from what they owe me. I decided to give up and take a financial loss as we kept going in circles with what they needed to issue me the full repayment. Proof of payment and total amounts that they owed me were sent multiple times and it seemed like they just kept trying to buy their time. I also noticed that my last review that mentioned that they'd owed me money was flagged by someone. A bit suspicious. The hotel itself was lovely and we had a great time prior to the tripe charge for our stay. I would recommend being very cautious when you check out as the lack of proper business practices around payments could cost you.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meghuzzah
Reviewed January 27, 2018

This is very difficult to find and is situated on a cramped plot in a suburb some considerable way from the centre. It is rustic but in an uncharming way. It felt a little sad and there is a need to spend some money on it to make it a comfortable boutique hotel. The bathroom was particularly grim. The chef was very friendly and helpful but dinner was disappointing and over priced. Breakfast was particularly poor. Overall an underwhelming experience. Does not represent good value compared to other places we have stayed in Argentina and Chile.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell21
Posada B, Gerente at Posada Borravino, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear Russell,

First of all, thank you for sending us your comments!

In consideration of your observations about the location and the distance we are from the city of Mendoza, we find that opinion as a personal appreciation, that has nothing in relation to the qualities of Posada Borravino, those characteristics are clearly displayed on our website and reservation sites where anybody can locate us.

At Posada Borravino, we work every day to continue growing up and surprise our guests. We would like, if is possible, that you could detail to us what you didn´t like in reference to Food and the decoration of the Inn.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Damian Sabastta

Hospitality Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2018

We found this beautiful Posada in Chacras de Coria on Tripadvisor and it seemed to be the perfect place to relax the days after Christmas. We stayed here for 4 nights just after Christmas.
When we arrived we were friendly welcomed by Silvia the owner. Who helped us with booking our tours for the next days. The first night we stayed at the Tempranillo room, which was a little small. But luckily we got the Malbec room for the other three nights. The Malbec room is a very good room with views on the patio. The patio is very nice and cozy with a swimmingpool and lounge chairs.
The breakfast is basic, but the staff is very friendly and helpful ! The morning we left to the airport very early, the staff prepared a breakfast especially for us!

The restaurant:
If you want to go out for dinner, think twice because Mathias is the best cook in town!
Every night we ate in the posada, except for one night (we had dinner at Donoses restaurant). Donoses was terrible ! They are a parilla restaurant but the meat was terrible!
We recommend you to eat at the posada! You can sit outside in the romantic patio and Mathias prepares the best food ! (muchas gracias Mathias por su comida muy rica!).
The fresh prepared pasta and bife de lomo were our favorites! The wines are excellent to! Ps. for a perfect lunch take a remis to club de milanesa ! 8 minute drive from the podasa.

Tips for tours:
-We went on a wine tour to Lagarde and had lunch at their restaurant El Fogon.
The tour is nice but the lunch spectacular ! 7 courses with wine tasting… I am not going to tell more, you should experience it yourself !! Silvia or Damien will book it for you !
- Termas de Cacheuta are nice to relax for a day.
- Our hotel friends went horsebackriding in the Andes and they said it was amazing!

Gracias Damien, Silvia, Mathias and the other staff for our amazing stay at your beautiful posada!

Room Tip: The Malbec room is very nice ! Don't choose Tempranillo
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I arrived after a long bus ride from Santiago. We arrived earlier in the korning. About 8.30, we were tired and hungery. After taveling to many hotels I was expecting to be asked to wait until check in time. However this was not the case.

We rang the door bell the lady (I feel terrible but I cannot remember her name answered the door) she does not speak english but she was warm and welcoming and invited us in and checked us in right away.

The place was warmed and smelled amazing. It was the most welcoming homely feeling. We were able to go straight to our rooms which were divine. So beautifully presented, clean and warm.

We then went to the buffet breakfast. Wow oh wow - where do I start. The most amazing pastries I have ever eaten. Freshly baked that morning on sight. I selection of fresh fuits, cereal, bread, ham and cheese. We had coffee made from us that was always perfect.

The first afternoon we brought wine, cheese and olives and sat in the backyard which is such a gorgeous view. They brought us out wine glasses and a bottle opener.

Over our whole stay the staff were just amazing. Anything we needed, nothing was too much trouble. They constantly apologised for the language barrier which I felt terrible because really my spanish should be better not their english.

We thanked the staff when we were leaving. Just as we were almost out the door one of the staff rushed back out with a bottle of wine for us and thanked us for the stay. - just so delightful.

If you want a place that will treat you like first class, that is warm, welcoming and has a delicious breakfast and is located in the best part of mendoza then this place is for you!

Thank you guys so much for an amazing stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Our stay in Posada Borravino was an outstanding experience. This boutique hotel is a real hidden treasure! The design of the house and garden are very nicely thought through with very good taste and the decoration is with a lot of love for details. There is a lovely garden framed by the house with a very cute pool. It is all super inviting just to stay there and relax in the sun. The hotel only has 8 rooms and it feels all very private. The staff of the hotel is outstanding as well, they were providing a very warm and welcoming service. We spend time there during Christmas and the effort the staff took in the Christmas dinner was sooo lovely. They prepared every morning an amazing breakfast with great variety of food. The hotel is also very well located close to a small wine village and a lot of bodegas. I would more than recommend this hotel to everyone who loves a truely unique boutique hotel experience.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nadl1982
Pablo J C, Asesor at Posada Borravino, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear Nadl1982,

Thank you for choosing Posada Borravino and for taking your time to share tour experience with millions of Tripadvisor readers.

Kind regards,