“Service - Above & Beyond”
Review of Taylor-Made B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lion's Head
Taylor-Made B&B
Ranked #2 of 13 Lion's Head B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We were two couples enjoying our first experience hiking on the Bruce Trail. Not sure of logistics and how to experience this beautiful part of Ontario - we found the right people to get us started. Diana & Doug, owners of Taylor - Made B & B were amazing hosts. Doug give us tips and helped us organize our first couple of days. Their B & B was a great home away from home - and yes they do serve the "best breakfast on the Bruce".
You won't go wrong with picking Taylor - Made for your accommodation in the Lion's Head area

Room Tip: Rooms #4 & #5 are besides the common area.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lance B

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Diana and Doug are the warmest, most accommodating hosts and they made us feel extremely welcome. They're brimming with ideas of what to do on the beautiful Bruce Peninsula and are eager to share their knowledge with their guests. Diana prepares delicious and nutritious breakfasts, and we were amazed that they went out of their way to buy poultry sausages and bacon for us after we told them we didn't eat red meat! (We would have been happy without any, and had said so.) She makes her own yogurt and preserves, and we looked forward to eating at their table in the mornings. Doug and Diana came to feel like friends by the end of our too-short stay.

They've recently taken over the B&B, and the only complaint we had was that there weren't a lot of places to stash our stuff. They laughed when we told them, said they were planning to order luggage racks and wrote us recently that the racks had arrived! They're making some other changes as well, giving the place a little face-lift (though we thought it was charming the way it was). We'd recommend Taylor-Made without reservation (no pun intended)! You will meet very special people at a very special B&B in a very special part of the world. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank solarvalley
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I stayed here from September 11-14, 2015. I was supposed to leave the 13th but loved it so much I stayed an extra day! Everything from the hosts to the room was just superb. I arrived around 4pm on the 11th and was immediately greeted by Doug and Diana before I had barely gotten out of the car. They have to be two of the warmest, most welcoming and nicest people I have ever met. They helped me bring all my things in, gave me a quick tour of the facilites and up to my room. I had room #1 and I LOVED it. When you come in there is a common room with a Keurig machine, coffee and tea (cream and sugar available), a TV and a fridge for anyone to use. Had I known this I would have brought some food for the trails! There is a dining room up a short flight of stairs as well as a large kitchen and then another short flight of stairs brings you to the top floor with a huge bathroom with shower and 3 rooms. Room #1 has a twin and queen sized bed with a closet and a tiny little powder room squished into the second closet. It's the perfect size for a toilet and sink and is all you need. The room is spacious, nicely furnished, and the bed was super comfortable. There were hooks on the walls for jackets and hoodies as well as little cubbies on the sides on the headboards for knick knacks. There is free wifi throughout the building and ample parking outside in the driveway or on the street. The house is at the end of a dead end street so you can park pretty much anywhere. I did not use the hot tub so I can't comment on it. There are loads of free brochures and maps for anyone to grab at the entrance as well. Breakfast was incredible to say the least! To start off there was cereal with coffee or tea. Doug would bring fresh fruit salad and there was home made yogurt to go with it. Diana makes fresh bread every day and you can eat toast with fresh jams if you wish. You can also ask for eggs (any way but apparently sunny side up is not Diana's forte), omelettes, waffles, pancakes and bacon or sausage. I had eggs one morning (perfect!), waffles with strawberries and whipped cream the second morning and waffles with porridge the third morning. Diana also gives you a little snack to take with you for the day. We got muffins or cookies and they were all delicious! I was traveling alone, and this can be tough sometimes, but I never felt alone here. I felt at home. They would wish us a great day in the morning and then excitedly as you for every detail upon your return at night. I would sit in the kitchen using the internet and chat with Diana while she prepped for the next day's breakfast. It was by far my best travel experience to date as a solo traveler and I already can't wait to go back. I can't compare to any other BandB as this was my first experience with one as an adult, but I have to say I had ZERO complaints. Every question I asked got an answer, everything I needed was provided and every expectation I had was exceeded. Just superb.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Volcanogrrl82
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We recently spent 2 nights and were very impressed. The place is comfortable, and extremely clean. Doug and Diana are lovely people. They made our stay a very pleasant experience. We were shuttled to our hiking destinations and provided with an amazing lunch. Breakfast was wonderful too, with so many options. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ErinGoGreen
Reviewed 10 September 2015

This was our first visit to Taylor-made but won't be our last! Doug and Diana are such gracious hosts. Breakfast was fantastic - from a lovely fruit salad to incredible new "treats" (lemon and poppy-seed muffins - yum!) each day, we couldn't ask for better food. All breakfasts made to order and all were fantastic. The room we stayed in (#4) was comfortable and cosy. We can't wait to visit again next year!

Room Tip: Room #5 is ideal (more space and better design) but #4 was great, too.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We had an amazing time at Taylor-Made B&B this past June. Diana and Doug made us feel so welcome and relaxed. When we arrived we went for a walk just around the corner from the B&B along the waterfront. When we returned Diana had cooked us some delicious cookies. As a vegan, I did not have to worry at all about being hungry. Diana made us some gorgeous breakfasts (vegan pancakes with coconut-strawberry sauce // homemade bread with hummus, avocado and tomatoes). There is even a restaurant nearby (Ancient Cedars Cafe - 20-25 minute drive) with a good vegan menu for lunch or dinner. We really enjoyed our stay here. Our only tip: bring your bathing suits! They have a hot tub, which guests are welcome to use. We didn't know this and wish we had known in advance. All in all, a really lovely, relaxing stay! We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 4, which was near the front door. it was quiet and a nice room with a private bath...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vkinnear
Reviewed 31 August 2015

A great spot for lots of reasons...... but especially if you plan to be hiking. We were here for 3 nights while we finished off a section of the Bruce Trail -- and Doug and Diana went out of their way to accommodate and pamper us. Breakfasts were wonderful -- and at a time of our choosing, so we could meet our hiking group on time. Our packed lunches were the envy of the rest of the gang. If we had needed transportation to or from a hike, this could be arranged.

And the selection of coffees, teas and hot chocolate available in the common room was much enjoyed. We're planning a winter visit to snowshoe.

This is Doug and Diana's first season as owners, and we anticipate that they'll be very successful at this venture. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple