“Good View and nice place to relax”

White Elephant Restaurant & Cottages
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Gokarna
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Reviewed June 2, 2018

We ended up in Gokarna at 1pm, we got a really good room. The hospitality was good. they have a parking area next to the cottages. The restaurant view is very good. The best part is the Kudle beach is few kilometres walk from the resort. Nice place to stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

This place gives a view of kudle beach and is the first restaurant when u r on the way to kudle beach from the parking.
It's a nice place to be I have been der twice . Breakfast menu here is generally same in entire gokarna and is good .
U must try this place in gokarna.
At present the crowd is not der and the entire tourism has gone in a lull period in entire gokarna so has this place.

1  Thank Diksha G
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Situated on a hilltop next to auto stand overlooking kudle beach, the ambience and the location is excellent. We came here to dine, they took a long time to order and more than 50 min to bring in the food, worse they brought the wrong food. Though the food tasted good, the service and waiting period made it a disappointing experience

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I ended up stranded on Gokana at 3 am with my back pack with my friend with no place to stay
I googled this resort as it was 24 hour reception
The manager had availability for a cliff cottage for two people
We couldn't get a taxi to get to the location
The manager of his own good will came out to the middle of no where to do two journeys to rescue myself and my friend and bring us to the cottages
I'm so glad he did ... that's customer service
My original intention was to stay a few days but I fell in love with Gokana of all the beaches the best location on Gokana is the white elephant cottages
Very good value for money , overly helpful staff who almost become family , I made amazing friends here
There is a beautiful yoga platform you can use for free
So we had sunrise and sunset yoga overlooking the beaches it's a small stair case to the top of the hill overlooking the beach it's paradise
Best location you could ask for !!!
Cottages are clean spacious and simple with lovely hammocks to relax in
The restaurant is open for as long as you need and has the most amazing view and best food in Gokana even a clay oven for tandori and the best pizzas
Such a beautiful setting for both breakfast and evening meals

This place and its staff and manager really made my trip through India so special

I would highly recommend staying here if visiting Gokana
Most of all because the food is of a totally higher standard than most other restaurants here and the view from here is the best views of Gokana it's a tiny ten min walk to Om beach and paradise beach far at all !!!

✅GREAT LOCATION
✅ HOT SHOWERS COTTAGES WITH HAMMOCKS
✅ 4 MIN WALK TO BEACH

10/10

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

I spend a couple of days here in the beginning of april, and I simply loved this relaxed location! Moin, the owner, is very friendly and welcoming, and he loves to show you around the area. The food in the restaurant is of a high quality and made with love. They actually travel far to get the best natural products (such as cheese) to offer the real quality ingredients to their guests. The accommodations are simple and basic, with a wonderful view over Kudle beach. And because of the hilltop location, the hot April weather is comfortably cooled down with a breeze of wind. For the yoga lovers: there is a wonderful little yoga Shala with the most beautiful view!