All reviews rooftop bar open to the public half board stylish hotel harbour suite the hotel manager the location is perfect world cup varied menu amazing hotel brac island bar offers tea and coffee facilities entire holiday original booking steak salad the hotel's restaurant
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We had high hopes for this hotel as the location looked ideal and the prospect of a rooftop bar was very appealing. The check-in was very friendly and welcoming but felt slightly rushed, and we were shown to our 'suite' as booked, which afforded an utterly dismal view of the back of a building in front. I had the impression that potentially more basic rooms have better views of the sea from higher floors.

The room itself was comfortable enough but felt very basic and a bit hostel-like. I expect better than to have to pour liquid soap from a small plastic bottle into my cupped palm when I wash my hands, for example. There was a balcony but we didn't feel like using it as it shared the dismal view already mentioned and sitting there we'd have been just about eyeball to eyeball with anyone walking up the ramp to reception.

Never mind, at least there was the rooftop bar. Or there would have been if it hadn't been closed for the season, which nobody had thought to mention. We could still sit up on the terrace but the bar was shut because the weather was now too cold - according to the staff member who imparted this information when asked, accompanied by the gesture of clutching her arms around herself and going 'brrrrrrrr'. It was 26c outside and on both evenings of our stay the roof terrace was busy with guests looking for drinks.

The breakfast was okay but uninspiring. We ate in the hotel's restaurant one evening, which is worth avoiding.

As an aside, don't bother going into the post office in Supetar if you expect to be acknowledged. When we went in there was one customer in there already buying about a thousand jiffy bags, but the place was staffed by four of the most incompetent and ignorant crones I've had the misfortune to encounter. They were expert in the art of making themselves look busy doing absolutely nothing in order to avoid making eye contact with me (tourist) and another French lady who entered, until a clearly local woman walked in and was immediately greeted.

Overall we weren't really impressed by this place, which is a shame as Brač island is beautiful and well worth visiting.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank pr130
MarielaKatic, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Osam, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear pr130,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your stay at the Hotel Osam. First of all, I would like to deeply apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and I am really saddened to learn you are not one of our extremely happy guests whose stay was impeccable. As you have already noticed are many testimonials of our satisfied guests who cannot praise enough their memorable experience at the Hotel Osam, and can only recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful and unique vacation getaway. Our accommodation units are generally characterized as luxurious, our breakfast is mostly described as fresh and varied and the customer care service is emphasized as the main highlight since our staff genuinely care and strive to deliver only the best possible experience to our guests. With all this in mind, I can only be sorry for previously mentioned not being the case this time. I would also like to add that there is an elevator at the Hotel so one can reach the Hotel Rooftop terrace in no time and without extra efforts. Moreover, the Rooftop terrace was opened throughout the October and will be running until the very end of this season (approximately by the mid-November). Even if the Rooftop bar was opened there is always a possibility of ordering the drinks from the ground bar and not a single person from our staff would ever deprive you of this possibility. Once again, I am deeply saddened we have failed to deliver one more memorable experience but I do appreciate all of your comments and all your suggestions are highly appreciated and we'd love to have the chance to host you once again.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We looked at the reviews before booking this holiday. Everyone seems to think it's wonderful. The first issue was the journey. It took over 4 hours to get there from the flight including waiting for transport. 1hr crammed into a mini van to Supetar ferry. Slow boat to China would be quicker 50 mins. We had to drag our cases and just leave them unattended where the cars drive on. Then another mini van another hour. Driver drove like a maniac. Reached hotel to be confronted by 3 flights of stairs. Anyone with mobility issues should not go there. 12 flights of stairs to get to the roof terrace which is the only place you can sit in the sun. I asked for the cases to be taken up and they were. The hotel is very nice. The room was lovely. We had a luxury suite. We stayed half board. The breakfast wasn't very nice at all. Fried eggs not cooked properly one day black burned bacon grey scrambled egg. We lived on cold boiled eggs and bread. The worst thing was the queue for half a cup of coffee. Only one coffee machine working. The evening meal was awful. Everyone was moaning about the fact everything was tepid and bland. Worse buffet we've ever had. We met some nice people and we all chuckled about how bad the food was. We all made the most of the holiday. Just be prepared for a long journey lots of stairs and either go B&B or eat out. Some nice restaurants around the harbour. Hope this helps

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra D

Dear Sandra D,

thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us and the rest of TripAdvisor community. Let me tell right away how deeply sorry I am to know that we did not meet your expectations with the services provided. I would like to add that I am also sorry to find it took you that long to reach the hotel and that your transfer wasn´t pleasant but, unfortunately, all those were aspects the hotel had nothing to do with. It also has to be mentioned that the hotel does provide transfer to its guests once requested even though Hotel Osam boasts its great location just a few steps from the harbour. Worth mentioning is the fact the hotel has the elevator so the higher floors, as well as the Rooftop terrace, are easily accessible. Bearing in mind "adults only" concept, the mobility problem was also implemented in the construction plan and this is why we did not face any of the problem this kind, so far. I am truly sorry you do not share the same opinion as many of our happy customers and that we failed to deliver on the promise this time, but I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Croatia where we stayed at the Hotel Osam on Brac Island. Incredible! We had spent a few days in Split and took the ferry to Supetar, Brac Island. As we pulled in we were in awe of the beauty of the port, especially after having left the crowded city of Split. The hotel is located directly on the harbor. Our room overlooked the harbor and we had a scene of bobbing boats with mountains beyond and that striking blue Adriatic water everywhere we looked. It's hard to over emphasize this: the hotel is located on the very quiet harbor with a few waterside restaurants and shops, but the Adriatic is everywhere you look, on all side. It is stunning.
The hotel has 28 rooms, a restaurant, and bar. We were in one of the 4 luxury villas/suites. They have maintained the old stone facade of the existing building, and incorporated new masonry in construction and renovation. The villa had very cool stone, interior walls, fabulous Italian lighting fixtures and furniture, huge tub and shower. It was like a perfectly designed tiny apartment.
Our room rate included breakfast and dinner, which was served in their sleek dining room with a large terrace for outside dining. The food was excellent (all the food in Croatia is excellent!); Mediterranean, fresh fish and grilled vegetables, beef and chicken offerings. Staff was very polite and accommodating and all spoke impeccable English.
It is a perfect, luxury stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarielaKatic, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Osam, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear MAG724,
I’m delighted you found us to be nice, comfortable and definitely well located – thank you for sharing! It's great to know that our staff was helpful, our goal at Hotel Osam is to meet every expectation of our guests. Thank you for choosing hotel Osam for your holiday destination, we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Back from 10 night trip. Hotel was awesome all staff helpful and attentive,friendly. Rooms are comfy very clean and beautiful view of the harbour.Food was wonderful you can see the chef cooking your meal. Loved it so much will have go back. Thank you.Welldone hotel team.

Date of stay: September 2018
MarielaKatic, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Osam, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Maureen C,
Thank you for posting your comments and for the 5 out of 5 score. It was great to read that you had such a fantastic stay and enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. I'm so glad you liked the atmosphere and the people so much. It would definitely mean a lot to us if you decided to stay with us again.

Take care!

Reviewed September 26, 2018

Don't normally write reviews but felt I had to on this occasion.
First let me say that the Hotel Osam is fine and its staff are friendly and helpful.
Now the but... the restaurant Otok really was disappointing, to the point that we ate out for the last week ( great restaurants locally )
The restaurant is open to the public and several of our co-guests agreed that they seem to receive preferential treatment. You are asked to chose from a different limited menu compared to that offered to the public, some items you have to pay for even on half board. We, and other guests, also regularly had to wait an hour or more for our main meal.
The hotel advertises " A' La Carte Otok island cuisine" and "gourmet dining". Although the food, when it arrived, was adequate I wouldn't call it A' La Carte. Oh, and if you enjoy a glass of wine with your meal, for me a must, be prepared to pay over £20 for an average bottle, when I pointed this out to our Rep she says it is because it it an A' La Carte restaurant, nonsense! a decent bottle of red in the local shop costs about the same as in England.
I am a little suspicious of some of the 5 point reviews on this site. Below is a small selection of real comments you will find if you read all the reviews, you will spot a common theme : Hotel ok but eat out.
“Room was excellent and staff very willing but the restaurant totally let this hotel down”
“The service in the dining room was very hit and miss, the waiter seemed incapable of serving everyone together with a main meal and went off to serve other tables with exactly the same dishes that we were waiting for”
“ we "halfboarders" (read: people that already paid so we don't have to care about), had to make reservation for every dinner and,like second hand customer, wait for one hour to get dinner”
“Service was ok. Food was not ok. One evening we waiting for the dinner over 1 hour”
“The first night we tried the restaurant, it took an hour for our main courses”
“What we learnt over the week was that Hotel Osam's Restaurant Otok, principle focus is on footfall from passing trade as they already had our money. We observed wonderfully presented dishes going out to non-hotel guests and even complimentary drinks for one table who did complain about their food.”
“Had to wait for an hour and a half just to get the food. During the whole time the waiter kept saying food will be there in 10 minutes”

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarielaKatic, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Osam, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Onionman111,

First of all, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share the experience with us here on Trip Advisor. I am also happy to read you generally liked the hotel and that you found our staff helpful and accommodating. On the other hand, I am saddened to learn we haven´t fully met your requirements with the choices offered in the Otok restaurant. To begin with, I would like to clear out one important thing. Hotel Osam team treat all guests equally, regardless of whether they are hotel guests or walk-in guests to hotels´ restaurant. There is no preferential treatment since all of our guests are treated with the same respect and hospitality from the very first moment they enter the door. Furthermore, I would like to emphasize there is the difference in packages and therefore the prices, between walk-in guests and the half-boarders who used third party agent such as Thomas Cook, Neckerman, Jet2Holiday etc. Different travel agents have negotiated different travel conditions and packages so it is to expect that all the guests can not have the same choices. As the matter of fact, this season Hotel Osam decided to offer "Daily Specials" as something extra to all of its guests precisely to uneven these slight differences in travel arrangements and in order for all guests feel equally and properly taken care of. This menu supplement, which includes varied local dishes, is offered 5 days a week and represents a kind of Hotel gift to its guests, and I am deeply saddened it wasn´t poorly recognized. I would like to thank you once again for choosing our Hotel Osam for your vacation place and should you visit the Brac island in the future, I would advise to reach out directly to our sales department and state your preferences so we can be able to make a personalized package for you.