All reviews great value for money recommend this hotel igor burgundy france
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Simple, clean, efficient, helpful, well located and great value for money this hotel has it all for a small town. Stopped here on a long bicycle ride from Spain to Norway and was happy with my choice. The Thai restaurant associated with the hotel is very good too and you are only a 5 minute stroll from the main street of Cluny. One of the owners was particularly helpful in ensuring my bicycle was safely locked in the garage which was appreciated. It will be interesting to re-visit when we do a trip to Italy by car soon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2017

We were welcomed enthusiastically by the young chef/owner of this hotel, who was busy perfecting his pumpkin soup ready for the evening's dinner and the following day's local food festival. His menu offers a mix of local Burgundian dishes and Thai inspired dishes as well, and is obviously a big hit with locals as well as tourists. He easily substituted items on the menu for a friend with wheat intolerance. There was a good choice of Burgundy wines. Breakfast was a feast! The renovated rooms are large and stylish and the welcome could not have been more friendly.

The hotel is easy to find and situated about 20 minutes walk away from the Abbey, with a carpark behind.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are very large and stylish
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary L
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I visited Cluny to meet my Uncle who has only a small apartment there. I decided to get a room there due to the proximity and attractive price.

I was however very happily surprised.
The owners are a local guy and his wife who is from Thailand. Good thing is you sample Thai hospitality with a big smile which is unusual in France. They are very friendly and helpful.

They just renovated, hence the rooms are in very good shape and extremely clean. The hotel in general is nicely decorated.

The highlight of the stay was the culinary part. The owner's wife being from Thailand you get to sample Thai food as well local food from Burgundy. The wine and beer selection is great too. Breakfast was lovely.

I recommend this hotel as the value is great. Thank you to Igor and May for the lovely week end !

Adrien

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2017

We had a great night at the Hotel de l'Abbaye. It was a spur of the moment stopover on the way back to Paris and they were very accommodating for my husband and I, 3 children and one dog. Rooms were basic but comfortable with one recently refurbished, very clean and reasonably priced. The food and wine were great, with the staff all very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

I am glad that I give it a try for my very first holiday in Cluny, France. I was there with 5 family members visiting my cousin, I only heard from my other friends that at Hotel de l'Abbaye have great food from the best chef in town !! You will not disappointed ! The atmosphere were great , cosy and friendly . It's running by a young couple though but both were from hospitality industry no wonder why this folk is know what they are doing !! Very much recommended !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family