“restaurant looks good, but reality is that the food is average and service poor.”

Hotel Restaurant de la Tour
Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in Sanary-sur-Mer
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2018

food is standard at best.
Waiter didn't return once to put our wine.
No one asked how the meal was.
We had to ask for desert.
we had to ask for the bill.
restaurant was being cleared for breakfast while we were still dining.

Fundamentally poor and disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Dissapoined...my,huspand Robert and I eat dinner there April 15th 2018,we were sat by the manager, she also took our order, we splurged and had three courses. For our main plate we both ordered the Filet de boef rare ( un avec sauce au poivre et un avec sauce au rockford), my filet was a delicious center cut while Robert's was an overcooked end piece that was inedible. His filet was tough and had a big vein through it, I ended up having to give him half of mine and we told our server. He apologize and said he had noticed when delivering our meal that they were very different quality of meat. He also said he had never seen that before, and would show and talk to the manager and or chef. Server came back apologized again took the ticket off the table and crossed off Robert's filet using a red pen. He said they would take care of it as we had not been able to eat it du to poor quality. He asked if we wanted desert and we ordered an Irish coffee and a Colonel, the bill was brought by a different server that we had not interacted with, the manager lady never came to our table after taking the initial order, and the server we had talked to vanished, both main filet were still on , but the Irish coffee was indicated as complimentary. That realy ruined our experience there, they did not do what they said, they charged us for a 30€ steak that we couldn't eat, but comped us a 12€ desert? .....wish they would have done the right thing! Total bill 214€
By the way my family has lived in the center of Sanary since 1966, my parents ( both french ) have eaten there countless times and so have I,the manager lady always processes the payment but in this case avoided us, we all are surprised by the lack of doing the right thing, especially in this caliber of a restaurant, also since everything else was perfect, why work so hard in a restaurant just to fail the end of the meal?
Coralie

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 6, 2018

This is the best place in Sanary to eat the best local fishes, oyster, Seafood platter & Bouillabaisse. Located in a great area in front of the fishermen Dock. The service is efficient and professional. Nothing better for seafood in the Sanary & Bandol area.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

We were staying in a small town not far from Sanary and our hotel recommended this place for its amazing shellfish!
We dined here on an August night and were not disappointed.
First of all, the kind lady who welcomed us accommodated us on the terrace rather than inside, she mentioned a no-show and highlighted she'd rather offer us a better view. I felt sorry for whoever gave up their seats, but it was a nice move, which we really appreciated.
We were giving menus, however we already knew what we wanted: coquillage!
We ordered a plateau royale (x 2) adding another plateau for 1 (with slightly less things). This way we managed to eat pretty much everything.
The plateau comes with bread and butter (salted butter, i.e. heaven!) and we ordered an excellent white wine (sorry I don't remember the name but I reckon it was a Cabernet).
The plateau came in a boat, very picturesque although a bit risky (but nothing happened). Everything was super fresh and yummy, I can say it was shellfish at its best!
Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how much we paid, although I can say both the wine and the plateau x 2 were pricey. However, every penny spent here is truly well spent. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I went to the Restaurant with my parents about 2 weeks ago for my birthday, it was a great place to lunch.

The service was nice & smiley, they were helpful.

The food was great. I took the "Loup de Mer" (Sea Bass), it was extremely tasty, and comes with mash potatoes & veggies. Accompanied with a nice White wine from Cassis (Fruity and Soft), the meal becomes something delicious.

Finally, the location is great. At the end of Sanary's Port, the view on the Provencal fishing boats made our lunch really appreciated, especially with the great temperature in Spring/Summer.

I definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2017