“Healthy, friendly and cheap!”

La Reine Des Tartes
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Set menus - we chose a tart, either salad or cold soup and glass of wine for 13 euros - sat outside in the alley and chatted to a lovely French couple throughout the whole meal. The Reine is so friendly and sets the ambience and I think he said the tarts were all gluten free - I taught him the English for broccoli - it’s brocoli in French!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed February 18, 2017

My wife wanted to go here so we went yesterday for lunch. Very small place but comfortable. The chef went to a great deal of trouble to explain the ingredients of each of the savoury tarts, all freshly made. Having established that we are not fluent in French, he spoke slowly and clearly which we much prefer to reverting to English. I had a tarte with endive, Roquefort and a number of other ingredients, salad and a glass of red wine. The salad was delicious with lots of different veg and spices, the tarte really tasty and the wine pretty good too. My wife had tarte with carrot and many other tasty ingredients and the same salad as me. Puds were a chocolate tarte for me and far Breton for my wife, also delicious.
Service was prompt friendly and knowledgeable and the total cost including coffee and a fruit juice was about 35 euros.
Very filling, very good food and and service and excellent value for money!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Lovely choice of home made tarts . The chef himself gives a detailed description of all the ingredients. We had the set menu of slice of tart , bowl of delicious salad and a glass of wine. Carrot tart was really tasty as was the mozzarella and tomato tart . As it was so tasty we had to have pudding of fig and chocolate tart and prune tart . They were both equally tasty . Two more glasses of wine later we then tried the pear and chocolate tart. This was very tasty as well . Only problem is that with food this good one eats too much :) I can highly recommend this lovely little restaurant . Lovely warm welcome and gorgeous food . Thank you

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank 722patriciad
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Very nice place in a little alley. Very fFresh and healthy food. Good price and very friendly service. We ended up eating far more as we had planned as it was very yummy.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed October 6, 2015

We go to La Reine de Tartes during every visit to Sanary!! Its a placed not to be missed. The salads are amazing, always great atmosphere and some great tartes too!!

Date of visit: October 2015