Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jrhill01
Omaha, Nebraska

Good place to spend the night

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 4, 2013
My wife and I were just passing through the area and had just started looking for a place to spend the night when we found Hotel Schieble. The hotel is very nice and clean. The only bad thing was our room was in the basement and the window faced a parking lot. We did eat at their restaurant which was very nice. We also found I nice little bar a few blocks down from the hotel which was very nice.
Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
        • Expedia.com
          C$178
        4.0 km from Hotel-Restaurant Schieble
        View more hotels in Kenzingen
        See what travellers are saying:
        Selected filters
        Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were en-route to Lake Garda and stopping at a service station on the motorway as we were feeling tired, we "found " this lovely, charming hotel. All we wanted was somewhere to crash out, but it was a lot better than that.
        The decor and attention to detail was first class and the breakfast was all that we wanted and more. Anyone finding themselves in this part of Germany and wanting accomodation, look no further.

Date of stay: April 2013
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in Kenzingen, Baden, Germany on a business trip and found this gem . . the Schieble. The accommodations are very comfortable, and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. I needed to iron my clothes for each business day, and rather than have me do it myself, the staff offered to iron my clothes, which was a completely unexpected level of service that I have only experienced in very high end venues for a very costly fee. The breakfast each day was fresh and part of my daily rate. I would DEFINITELY return to the Schieble for personal travel, and I WILL return to the Schieble for my future business in this part of Germany.

Room tip: The rooms can be a bit noisy at times, but that was not a problem for me because when it was time for sleep, the streets were quiet and so was my room.
        Date of stay: March 2013
        • Trip type: Travelled on business
        3  Thank Frank J
        Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very nice hotel in the traditional town of Kenzingen, Schwarzwald/Black Forest. Very nice and super-clean rooms, lots of towels, lots of soap and kleenex etc. (which is not always the case in small town German hotels...). Excellent service. Ideal for vacation and leisure, not so much the typical business-only hotel, super service, nice breakfast, lots of coffee provided.

Date of stay: June 2012
        • Trip type: Travelled on business
        1  Thank navratil46140
        Reviewed July 18, 2011

What a welcoming surprise, a super big suite for a normal price of a room, excellent location for Park Europa and nice hosts. Very reccomended, clean, big and a good price. Go for it if you are near by.

Date of stay: July 2011
        1  Thank Cassuto
        Reviewed August 31, 2008

We (family w/ 9y boy) wanted to get something close to EuropaPark. There was almost nothing available in the village or the price was more than we were willing to spend. Yeah, there were another ones, but they got quite negative reviews here on tripadvisor, so I didn't want to risk it.

Schieble is a small hotel/restaurant, a kind of family owned. Very pleasant service, excellent dinner in the restaurant w/ local specialties (try spetzels), very good breakfast, parking in the backyard (you can even rent a garage, which we didn't try).

Room was not the biggest one to be honest, but everything was clean (however, there was a strange smell from the AC at the beginning, but it went out after a while).

Date of stay: August 2008