Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Miss_S_87
Huddersfield, United Kingdom

Rooms need an update

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 3, 2014
This is a nice hotel in the lovely town of Kenzingen. I stay here on business a lot and have stayed at the Schieble a few times. The rooms are nice and most have balconies to sit out. However, there are certainly some facilities lacking. There are no irons in the rooms and no tea/coffee making facility. The pillows are TERRIBLE!! - very flat and not supportive in the slightest. I would recommend taking your own if you have space in your suitcase. The hotel could easily rectify this by providing an extra pillow in the wardrobe as most hotels do.
Breakfast is good and I had a very pleasant dinner one evening in the hotel restaurant. I would stay here again if they addressed these few issues as the location and building could be great.
Date of stay: March 2014
Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony but take your own pillow if you want to be comfortable!
Trip type: Travelled on business
C$132
    C$132
5.6 km from Hotel-Restaurant Schieble
View more hotels in Kenzingen
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I were just passing through the area and had just started looking for a place to spend the night when we found Hotel Schieble. The hotel is very nice and clean. The only bad thing was our room was in the basement and the window faced a parking lot. We did eat at their restaurant which was very nice. We also found I nice little bar a few blocks down from the hotel which was very nice.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were en-route to Lake Garda and stopping at a service station on the motorway as we were feeling tired, we "found " this lovely, charming hotel. All we wanted was somewhere to crash out, but it was a lot better than that.
The decor and attention to detail was first class and the breakfast was all that we wanted and more. Anyone finding themselves in this part of Germany and wanting accomodation, look no further.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in Kenzingen, Baden, Germany on a business trip and found this gem . . the Schieble. The accommodations are very comfortable, and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. I needed to iron my clothes for each business day, and rather than have me do it myself, the staff offered to iron my clothes, which was a completely unexpected level of service that I have only experienced in very high end venues for a very costly fee. The breakfast each day was fresh and part of my daily rate. I would DEFINITELY return to the Schieble for personal travel, and I WILL return to the Schieble for my future business in this part of Germany.

Room tip: The rooms can be a bit noisy at times, but that was not a problem for me because when it was time for sleep, the streets were quiet and so was my room.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Frank J
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very nice hotel in the traditional town of Kenzingen, Schwarzwald/Black Forest. Very nice and super-clean rooms, lots of towels, lots of soap and kleenex etc. (which is not always the case in small town German hotels...). Excellent service. Ideal for vacation and leisure, not so much the typical business-only hotel, super service, nice breakfast, lots of coffee provided.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank navratil46140
Reviewed July 18, 2011

What a welcoming surprise, a super big suite for a normal price of a room, excellent location for Park Europa and nice hosts. Very reccomended, clean, big and a good price. Go for it if you are near by.

Date of stay: July 2011