Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
joewhosaysinappropriatethings
Charlotte, North Carolina

Solid Hotel with Excellent Service

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 21, 2014
First night of our holiday that we were kicking off with the following morning at Europa Park, we booked Schieble that simply because it was close, decently rated and reasonably priced. Arrived fairly late on, a quick check in with friendly staff, we dropped our bags and went down to eat. Upon hearing my wife and I speak English, they asked if we were interested in watching the England - Uruguay World Cup match (I'd resigned myself to missing the first half until we'd eaten). They moved us through to a conference room where one other guest was already watching with a beer and proceeded to serve dinner there. Very thoughtful and very considerate (even if the match didn't as desired). Hearty thumbs up for the consideration.

Otherwise, rooms are nice - we were in Room 25 in the guest house - but in our case, overlooked the road, so was a bit noisy the following (Friday) morning, and got no WiFi signal, which was a shame, but not the end of the world
Date of stay: June 2014
Room Tip: Room 25 was in the guest house (separate from the hotel itself), overlooking the road. Too much...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
          C$278
        • ZenHotels.com
        3.4 km from Hotel-Restaurant Schieble
        View more hotels in Kenzingen
        See what travellers are saying:
        Selected filters
        Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a nice hotel in the lovely town of Kenzingen. I stay here on business a lot and have stayed at the Schieble a few times. The rooms are nice and most have balconies to sit out. However, there are certainly some facilities lacking. There are no irons in the rooms and no tea/coffee making facility. The pillows are TERRIBLE!! - very flat and not supportive in the slightest. I would recommend taking your own if you have space in your suitcase. The hotel could easily rectify this by providing an extra pillow in the wardrobe as most hotels do.
        Breakfast is good and I had a very pleasant dinner one evening in the hotel restaurant. I would stay here again if they addressed these few issues as the location and building could be great.

Room tip: Most rooms have a balcony but take your own pillow if you want to be comfortable!
        Date of stay: March 2014
        Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I were just passing through the area and had just started looking for a place to spend the night when we found Hotel Schieble. The hotel is very nice and clean. The only bad thing was our room was in the basement and the window faced a parking lot. We did eat at their restaurant which was very nice. We also found I nice little bar a few blocks down from the hotel which was very nice.

Date of stay: September 2013
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were en-route to Lake Garda and stopping at a service station on the motorway as we were feeling tired, we "found " this lovely, charming hotel. All we wanted was somewhere to crash out, but it was a lot better than that.
        The decor and attention to detail was first class and the breakfast was all that we wanted and more. Anyone finding themselves in this part of Germany and wanting accomodation, look no further.

Date of stay: April 2013
        • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in Kenzingen, Baden, Germany on a business trip and found this gem . . the Schieble. The accommodations are very comfortable, and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. I needed to iron my clothes for each business day, and rather than have me do it myself, the staff offered to iron my clothes, which was a completely unexpected level of service that I have only experienced in very high end venues for a very costly fee. The breakfast each day was fresh and part of my daily rate. I would DEFINITELY return to the Schieble for personal travel, and I WILL return to the Schieble for my future business in this part of Germany.

Room tip: The rooms can be a bit noisy at times, but that was not a problem for me because when it was time for sleep, the streets were quiet and so was my room.
        Date of stay: March 2013
        3  Thank Frank J
        Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very nice hotel in the traditional town of Kenzingen, Schwarzwald/Black Forest. Very nice and super-clean rooms, lots of towels, lots of soap and kleenex etc. (which is not always the case in small town German hotels...). Excellent service. Ideal for vacation and leisure, not so much the typical business-only hotel, super service, nice breakfast, lots of coffee provided.

Date of stay: June 2012