All reviews industrial area a short bus ride public transport stayed here hire car next morning rooms are small one night stay definitely stay here again short stay business trip shuttle euros europe bath receptionist
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Stayed here for one night prior to flying out of Munich. The lobby is cool and the restaurant/bar is probably the best part of this place. We had a few beers, a salad and pizza before going to bed... pretty good meal for an airport hotel :)

Sadly, our room was tiny and offered very little room to put down our two backpacks. I don't really mind a small room (this is Europe after all) however this room was awkwardly small and hard to move around in. The room had only two bath towels; no hand towels or wash cloths. Seems as though the maid service forgot. Went down to the lobby and got a few more towels; the front desk man was very apologetic and said that they should have been in the room. The bathroom offered a shampoo/body wash combo on a pump. I had already tossed my shampoo, conditioner and lotion, so I was a bit bummed.

While the room was a bit of disappointment, thankfully we were only there for a few hours before our flight. The bed was pretty comfortable, so that helped. It cost us 20 Euro to get a 7:30am transfer to the airport. Be sure to book it and pay for it the night before so you can check out quick.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meghan G
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Stayed one night on a business trip and needed to stay near airport. The hotel is clean and offers a great bed. Little storage space and no frills. I had room overlooking the runway, loved it! The restaurant is very good. I had dinner there as there is not much around. If you need to stay near the airport this is a good choice.

Room tip: Take a room with a view of the runways.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel for a short stay of one or two nights.

The hotel has good connections and is convenient for the airport and city.

The room is comfortable, clean and adequate for one or two nights.

Lack of clothes storage, no in room tea/coffee facilities, and no laundry service make it unsuitable for a longer stay. The room is very clean and in good condition, but the bathroom smells a bit.

Check in was easy.

All the staff I have met so far at the concierge, bar and restaurant have been lovely.

Breakfast service is fine, the evening menu is a bit limited but what I had was of a good quality. There are a few veggie options. Bar service is good too.

I have not used room service.

Housekeeping is a bit noisy, but I am picky because of night shifts. Probably OK for people keeping normal hours.

I recommend this hotel for a few nights if tea and coffee in your room is not important.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable rooms and the restaurant was better than the typical hotel restaurant. Good thing that as there is nothing else within walking distance. My chief complaint is that I chose this hotel in part because on booking.com it says they have an airport shuttle. Turns out they do, but only going to the airport. I had to pay an unexpected 20 euros for a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ggold113
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here overnight enroute from Canada to Spain. The hotel is only about 10 minutes drive from the airport and located in an industrial area. A taxi ride will set you back 15 to 20€. Due to the location I wouldn’t recommend staying here if you are on holiday unless you hire a car to get yourself out and about. The hotel is relatively new with modern, minimalistic decor. Our room was clean & the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed dinner & breakfast at the restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel for a 1 or 2 day stop over.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerrieM324
Mihaela_Patzelt, Manager at Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear Kerrie, thank you for your stay with us and your feedback.
Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon. best regards from IBIS München Airport Süd