See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 27, 2016

They provide everything you want: tabletennis, pool, wellness, etc. Their breakfast is all around great and offers a lot of variety. Been there twice, I would not hesitate to go back. It was also a bonus that the hotel owner came to our table at breakfast and wished happy birthday to one of my family members.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2016

the hotel is very well located few steps from the Shatberg Express cable car, max 3 minutes walk just from the ski room, rooms very moderate but clean and functional, parking lot outside attached to the hotel grounds. Breakfast simple but fresh. Facilities a bit out of date, the restaurant is one of the worst ones in the town but a wonderful place for someone who came to ski hard. Located on pedestrian area few minutes from bars restaurants and shops. I would go again - great for a group of ski friends, not a couple place.

Room tip: firs floor very noisy from the street and guest returning late at night
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2015

As I could not find an option to write a review for the restaurant of this hotel, I had to enter it here on the hotel page.
I have never stayed in the hotel, but have been coming here to eat for years - every time I am visiting this picturesque village. I am sure the hotel is very nice as well.
The Unterwirt's menu offers a wide range of delicious Bavarian dishes from typical to special and unique. This time we indulged in the most basic of Bavarian lunches the ubiquitous "Münchener Weisswurst". It is important that a restaurant be provided with good & fresh sausages and the Unterwirt delivers every time.
I can recommend all of their food and I am sure no one has been disappointed here.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2015 via mobile

Hotel is pretty simple and rather expensive. Room that we had was large and bathroom was really good. Decoration was a bit 80's but OK. Room had a balcony with mountain view that was really nice. Staff was helpful.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2015

I spent four nights here, the town has much to offer from hiking trail heads, golfing, running, to cycling and even a small airport close by where you can take a sailplane ride. The setting in the mountains I really genuine and is beautiful.

The hotel is right besides the old town church. The room is well furnished with wood panels, what you would expect from such an hotel in such place. The wellness is very large, well designed and enjoyable, with an internal and an external pool, Egyptian and Turkish bath, sauna and ice fountain, all included in the room rate. Breakfast was included in my rate and was really gorgeous. Free covered parking under the hotel.

The wifi was acceptable, a bit weak in my room, but actually I managed to do everything I needed from there.

They also speak a reasonable English considered the quintessential "Germanity" of the place.

The restaurant is of fair level but a bit expensive for the quality. There are other restaurants at a walking distance in town.

The only thing I regret was just a matter of misfortune, they began redoing the pavement in the internal courtyard during my stay, spoiling the wellness area of its peacefulness.

Only be warned that this place is more than an hour from Munich and about an hour from Salzburg and Obersalzberg by car, so a bit far from such lively centers for nightlife and shopping.

Would stay again for a relaxing weekend.

Date of stay: June 2015