All reviews historic sites no elevator cakes the owner beautiful hotel yogurt andrea luggage manna balcony
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We stayed a few nights and were able to book the same day (we were traveling in off season.) The front desk gentleman (who never seemed to have a day off and worked VERY long hours) was very engaging, friendly and extremely helpful with booking tours and other recommendations.
The hotel was quite and simply elegant. It was very easy to walk to restaurants, bars and shopping.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were lucky enough to get a table on the terrasse without a reservation. We had an excellent service and great food and wine. It was just a stop at the restaurant we don't know about the hotel.

Andrea was very friendly and welcoming

Thanks for the very appreciated evening
Christiane et Raynald Montréal (Québec)

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We enjoyed staying in this hotel .Andrea the owner and his staff tried very hard.,and the hotel rooms were comfortable.The restaurant was good and was good value for moneyWe did not find a better eatery.Parking was fine in early May but could be a problem in high season as the roads are very narrow.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

It is a nice hotel but there are things to be aware of. I tried emailing the hotel to find out if they offer an airport transfer or at least pick up from the bus stop if we were to take the bus from Catania Airport. I got an initial reply in broken English that they could offer a paid service but with no details or cost. I tried emailing twice more and got no reply so gave up and decided that we would get the bus (1.5hrs) and hope we could find a taxi or walk to the hotel ( knowing it would be 10-15 mins & with our cases). Luckily there was a taxi although it cost 10 euros for this short distance ( granted it couldn't go quite as direct a route as you can walk). We were greeted at the hotel by Andrea (male) who seemed very pleasant and welcoming. When we were showed our room it just had one double bed bearing in mind I was away with my Mum. On Expedia I had selected a classic room with balcony , double bed & sofa bed, but there was no sofa bed. Andrea explained a classic room doesn't have a sofa bed , implying that a superior room may do. He showed us a twin room which didn't appear available when I had looked on Expedia. This was a much smaller room, with the beds right next to each other. We had to take it as there was apparently nothing else available. Later I gave Andrea a copy of our booking which had the room we has booked and that it also included a free bottle of wine. Andrea said he was not aware of this rate, implying it isn't something they offer & he certainly wasn't forthcoming with the wine. Good customer service would tell you that he should have done this as it is what we had been sold whether he was aware of it or not. He should keep an eye on what is being sold for his hotel. I suggested he should query the rates with Expedia to mainly avoid future customers having the same problem. He did say he should have upgraded us to a superior room but he hotel was full. We only ever saw a few other people staying at the hotel. I don't know if he has tried to contact Expedia.
The design of the hotel is lovely however nb reception is not 24 hours & breakfast is only 8am to 10am although they did grant our request for a 7.30 breakfast when we had to leave early for our return flight. It did feel we were putting them out though. The breakfast set up was very odd & an inefficient way of doing things. We realised that Italians usually should have a coffee & maybe a pastry at most for breakfast although there were some Americans staying who like us would expect more. Instead of either a buffet to help yourself or a server taking your order, there was a sort of bakery counter with cakes, croissants, & fruit with no yogurt available apart from on the first day. We asked for cereal , there was only cornflakes available & they obviously didn't know what to do with it. Bowls don't seem to be a thing so we ended up with a small amount of cereal with milk in a tea cup & a tea spoon, you had to laugh. We realised quickly if you don't ask if they have something they're certainly not going to offer it. It was so inefficient standing at the counter and pointing at the various things you want, also making you feel greedy. A buffet would be helpful to them and customers but I feel they would run out of items quicker & so by trying to put people off having much they succeed.
Don't get my wrong the staff were pleasant and thought they were helpful but their way of running things need an overhaul.
On the last day we asked Andrea if he ordered a taxi to the bus stop for 8.20am instead of is using the guy we had on the way in would he be able to get a good rate, he said no problem. When we were having breakfast a guy walked in at 7.50. Andrea spoke to him briefly & then he went out again. When we ready we realised that was our taxi driver (30 minutes early??) Luckily he waited but Andrea didn't tell him we were his clients whom he had just walked past. I don't know if the taxi driver charged anything for waiting but the ride costed 15 Euros. 5 more than the one we had before!
This hotel needs help in its running but r hotel itself is nice.
Other customers would not be so laid back as us.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laurajaneo
Reviewed September 25, 2017

On my first visit to Noto, we were lucky enough to stay in this beautiful little boutique hotel. Our bike tour guide Pietro from Lake Como Cycling recommended this hotel and he was bang on.

As others have noted, the location is excellent. One block off the main drag with open seating and cafes everywhere. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff was over the top friendly. And it could all be had for a reasonable rate. I think the price was around 120 Euros which seems excellent to me.

The wifi is free and worked perfectly and a very nice continental breakfast was included in the price. If you are ever in Noto, I would highly recommend staying at La Dependance Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017