See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 24, 2017

We spent 3 comfortable nights here and enjoyed the lovely countryside and serenity. Daniela is a kind and welcoming host who was very helpful with directions. It is closer to Palazzolo Acreide rather than Noto (a 40 minute drive if you are not Italian!). Palazzolo Acreide is a very interesting town and worth exploring to get away from the tourist buses in Noto and Syracuse and to see the small Greek theatre.

The agriturismo is located on the family farm and there is a nice walk along a quiet road through the walnut and olive orchards and up a small hill to the cherry orchard. Daniela also sells the farm's own olive oil and soap.

We enjoyed the small courtyard area outside our room and the grassy pool area looked nice for families in summer. It was very quiet at night and the birds woke us in the morning.

We were a little disappointed that there was a price on everything including bottled water, but understand that this property is more isolated than most so there is a cost involved in providing services.
There is a shared guest lounge with lots of books to read.

We would stay here again to enjoy the peaceful location in the Sicilian countryside.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
aguglia, Proprietario at Aguglia Agriturismo hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Dear Campbell, thank you for your kind review, I am very sorry, I forgot to tell you at your arrival that the mineral water in the room is free, kind regards, Daniela

Reviewed May 28, 2016

Comfortable and spacious room, beautiful peaceful setting and a hard-working hostess who served us with lovely meals using some of their home-grown produce in a grand setting. A nice swimming pool and pleasant walks around the farm.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2015

We managed to get here before dark and so glad we did. We were presented with wine upon arrival and warmly greeted by the proprietor, who speaks perfect english. We took a swim in their wonderful pool out in the lovely manicured yard, and then I walked through the olive grove for a bit listening to the birds and crickets. The room was the nicest we stayed in the two weeks in Italy - with a big beautiful bath tub and candles and lovely furnishings. They offer to cook dinner for you if you place the request by noon. As we did not, I did not expect them to be able to do that. However, after a very long day of sightseeing with my teenage son, I asked about a place not to far to grab dinner and they offered to reheat some ravioli that they had made earlier in the day for a lunch group. My son and I also had one of the best meals we had in our two weeks touring Sicily that night, with an incredible home made dinner served privately to us on a cozy terrace under the stars. Although I was with my son and not my husband, it was one of the most "romantic" (used in the broadest sense of the word) experiences...a fantastic dinner in the countryside under the stars in Sicily...a perfect introduction for my son to some of the wonderful aspects of Italy! I would love to go back and stay 3 or 4 days and just tour the surrounding area....can't recommend this place highly enough

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2015

We are a couple in our 60's and this was our first stay in an agriturismo. Being a farmhouse, Aguglia was situated, in the countryside, requiring driving winding country roads, to reach it.
Lovely views and great pool area. Our room was comfortable, with an outdoor seating area. Daniella was a wonderful and helpful hostess, who provided maps and all the information you required. The breakfasts were fantastic. The weather tended to be a bit cool on occasion, due to the location, of property. Dinner in the nearest town, (Palazzolo) required driving along winding, narrow roads, which was a bit tricky at night .There is no wifi, but you can connect through some restaurants etc, in town.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We stayed here for three nights (29 Apr - 4 May). Very clean and comfortable accommodation set in a beautiful country location. The rooms are spacious with a good sized bathroom. Our room had heating and air conditioning and was supplied with tea making facilities. Breakfast was on the terrace (weather permitting) and included home made products and a variety of Italian pastries. The nearest town for an evening meal and a super market is Palazzolo Acreide which is about seven km away. We can thoroughly recommend a restaurant/pizzeria called Lo Scrigno De Sapori which serves excellent local fresh food, has friendly helpful staff and is excellent value for money. The B&B is nicely situated to visit Siracuse, Noto, Modica and Ragusa and we can highly recommend it for peace and quiet and very friendly and attentive staff. You will need a car to stay here and there is no WI FI for those who who cannot do without!

Date of stay: April 2015