All reviews almond milk infinity pool other guests dominique italo estate jacuzzi homemade host surroundings products property villa syracuse region facilities
Reviewed September 24, 2018

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at Tenuta Olive Alive, Italo is a great host making sure everything is ok, dispensing advice but letting you get on with your life. we barely saw the other guests as it is very calm and quiet. The breakfast are lovely with homemade juices and jams (I would recommend the almond milk!). Good position to visit Syracuse (30m), ragusa (1h through a lovely mountain road) and even Etna/Taormina (1h30-45 to get there). Beautiful view over Noto.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

An idyllic holiday destination. Italo, Dominique and the team offered a 5 star personalised rural retreat yet just 3 km from fabulous shops, restaurants and beautiful baroque architecture. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TenutaOliveAlive, Proprietario at Tenuta Olive Alive, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you very much for your commentary, it is very important for us and our motivation.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I grew up going on lovely European bus tours, so now I'm an adult, I am seeking a more bespoke experience. Well, Italo's hospitality in his lovely country house made all my Jane Austen day-in-the-country-Italian-style dreams come true. Italo, our wonderful host, stayed up until midnight taking care of us as our plane was so delayed all the restaurants had closed. When the pizza place from which we had planned on getting take-out did not answer their phone, Italo drove there himself to see what was going on, and when they could not accommodate us, he personally made us the most delicious pasta with ricotta salata, a salted freshly shaved ricotta cheese I am craving to this day. He also generously gave us a bottle of the most delightful prosecco and upgraded our room.

I do not think our host particularly needs to work as he was once a very successful businessman in Italy. The home he has artfully created is a labor of love, and every meticulous detail of his estate is crafted with thought and care and filled with pictures of his lovely ancestors and art from around the world. Italo is a builder; the kind of man who wants to craft a piece of land into something beautiful for posterity and for his children. He is also a writer with a true appreciation of beauty.

I think he felt sorry for us as everywhere we went, the drivers charged us 100 Euro per hour. So, as he had to run errands in town the next day, he dropped us off and picked up up at the end of the evening, while also giving us advice on a most wonderful place to lunch.

Our only regret is we only booked one day. We will have to return, and this time, we shall ask Italo in advance for a suggested itinerary as he said it is possible to spend a lot of money and have only a mediocre experience. With his care and expertise, your stay at his estate will be nothing less than exceptional.

Oh. And have I mentioned the handcrafted breakfast with his homemade almond milk? Almond milk in America, even the expensive kind at Whole Foods, now tastes like water to me. You must stay with Italo once in your life to learn another way of being.

Room tip: Book directly with Italo for the best value
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lightwings007a

Thank you very much for your words ... it has been a pleasure to host you in our property. We believe who decide to come in Tenuta Olive Alive must be considered a friend not only a guest. We hope to meet you again a day.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We spent one week in May with our little boy (8 months) and it was really awesome. The breakfast (with regional fresh products), the view, the garden, the pool area etc. are so splendid and excellent. Italo is a wonderful host and can always advice you. Also the members of the staff were so kind and helpful. A real beauty

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Italo P, Proprietario at Tenuta Olive Alive, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for your kind words ... we hope to meet you again when your little boy will be 20 months old! :-)

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This was our second time staying at Tenuta Olive Alive. The property is beautiful with fantastic views. Once you arrive, you go into complete relax mode! Italo and Dominique are absolutely wonderful hosts! We will certainly come back again next year! We can’t wait!!

Date of stay: May 2018