All reviews dirt track short cut football pitch self catering minute walk large supermarket a ground floor apartment continente supermarket fridge freezer separate kitchen great holiday living room hired a car two floors quiet holiday nice apartments air con
Reviewed July 25, 2018

I went on here looking for a cheapie for ten days in May. I can't believe some of the reviews on here as there is nobody who moans about hotels like me. Yet I thought this was absolutely brilliant value for money. First of all it was an apartment not a hotel. Now ive never done an apartment only hotels. So I was shocked when I walked in, as we had a separate large bedroom, bathroom, living room with balcony, and a full size kitchen with table. I thought it was brilliant and I've noe swapped to apartments holidays from now on. The main reason being I can now get my hands on food how I like it cooked. I'm not adversed to eating abroad but still like the odd meal how I like it, rather than chancing it in a restaurant. The pool area was spotless and deserted. I even found out that a buffet breakfast was included, something else I never noticed when booking. I paid £390 for this place for 10 nights here on TripAdvisor. That's £39 a night for two people, which was £19.50 each for a full size apartment with a pool AND breakfast. My lord! You couldn't stay in a cardboard box for that and was probably the cheapest accommodation I've ever booked. To address some of the other complaints on here. Yes the bed was a bit sloppy and soft, but was changed every two days along with towels, hot water was boiling and plentiful. Breakfast was awesome and so many choices along with hot bacon and egg. The pool was spotless clean with plenty of loungers, we had a balcony overlooking all of the town and sea. All in all one of the best value stays I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve T
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I was completly on shock when I Saw the room that they gave us. Completly different than they show infantil the website. In the web, you just can see pictures of the flats, and they use the same pictures for the studios. No balconing, just two Windows that if you open them all the people Who walk around the holl can see you, so no intimacy at all.

Very dirty, wiffi no working fine, very unconfortable beds. I would nota recomend It even to my enemy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

The facilities are acceptable for a week and relax in Portimão.
Only 800mts. from the beach "Praia da Rocha", and relatively close to the city center.
The apartments are ok but the upkeep is far away.
The bathroom is huge and cold, the hot water is not plentiful so more than 2 people will have to take a bath very fast.
The cleaning is weekly and they do not even collect the trash, although in the reservation we had written apartment with cleaning ...
We noticed a very serious problem that did not affect us, but we saw guests writing in the complaints book that were housed in a horrible basement, without conditions. It should be banned. Vacation spoiled. You should review this.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

No idea where to start with this hotel. Fabulous value for money.
We had a ground floor apartment with a pool view - the terrace was huge! In fact the whole apartment was a lot bigger than we thought! All equipment such as microwave, fridge etc fully working condition.
Staff all very friendly - especially the bar man. At 2 Euros for a large glass of wine it was a bargain! Pizzas were very good too at 8 Euros, served until 10pm.
Location was around 20 minute walk to the shops (uphill on the way back) but there was a little supermarket 2 minutes away if you needed something basic. Very close to the beach. It was nice that it was in between tourism (the beach) and the old town in Portimao.
Highly recommend this hotel if you want a clean, friendly base.

Only recommendation for the hotel would be to invest in some sun lounger toppers to make them more comfortable. Everything else spot on.

Room Tip: Ground floor gives you a huge balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hannahchipman
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Just returned from a week at the Plaza Real apartments. Very surprised at the size of the Room, we were in block A room 301. Very large lounge overlooking the pool, good sized kitchen with full size cooker and hob and large fridge/freezer. Bathrooom very spacious. Large bedroom with a very comfy double bed, extra blankets and pillows stored in the large wardrobe. Plenty drawer and cupboard space for belongings and the use of a safe. The apartments are very good and we would stay again. The staff are so helpful, and a special shout out to Patricia on reception. However there is very little in the way of bars/restaurants in the surrounding area. We used a taxi every night, only 5 Euro, to get down the Prai da Roche front where these are situated. Only 1tiny supermarket round the corner, prices were high we thought. The Lidl and Continente supermarket took us half hour to walk to, maybe younger people would find it quicker. Prices much cheaper here and only 3euro back again. Definitely the place for a relaxing holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family