All reviews fire pit yoga retreat surf beach we loved our stay would highly recommend staying here banana cake charming house non surfers perfect place surf lessons charlotte vibe pools guys balconies host spots
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I almost don't want to write a review as I want to keep this place a secret! The location and decor is stunning. The rustic accommodation and attention to detail and secret hideaways made this place super special. Justin and Charlotte were exceptional hosts and Justin's cooking is second to none. I'll certainly be returning!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Despite the great yoga classes and friendly staff, I have to give a poor report of our stay. When we were shown to our room, the smell of mold blew me away. I couldn't believe they could feel comfortable showing us to a room that smelled that way. Unfortunately, we had booked ahead, so were stuck with it. Getting in to bed that night, I discovered that the source of the smell was the pillows, which absolutely reeked. As I looked up, I saw dead mosquitos left smashed on the wall, which did little to improve my mood. I had to use my travel pillow for the entire stay. The bathroom was cramped, the shower difficult to operate, making bathing an awful experience. They have a nice location and a lot of potential, but I would advise changing all the bedding, and upgrading the bathroom facilities.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine K
Jelle R, Manager at Casa Paco D'ilhas, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2016

Dear Catherine,
your review kinda blew me away,
it`s the first time I hear or read such a bad comment on our place.
It`s a shame you didn`t communicate your discontent with us directly so we could`ve done whatever we could to improve the quality of your stay.
Could you please let me know which room you were staying in plus when you stayed with us?
Sorry again, but please get back to me with more details so we can do the necessary.
Jelle

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Such a beautiful place, lovingly restored and surrounded by nature, with gardens, quiet corners, sun/yoga deck, fire pit, swimming pools (yes, two!) on hilltop in a valley looking towards the World Surfing Reserve of Ericeira and only a short walk to the beach and surf. It's like entering another world, so close to all the action but away from it all too. The perfect getaway to stoke your creativity and calm the mind. Suitable for groups, couples, singles or families (different style rooms, cabins and even a converted barn to suit all tastes). And you have to ask Jelle and his team if they can cook for you some night, your taste buds will explode! Those guys are epic in the kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Jelle was so friendly, has an incredible story (make sure to ask him) and prepared some of the best food I've had in a long time. The houses are beautifully decorated and I felt at home right away.

I will definitely be coming back again soon, thanks so much!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Just spent 3 days at Paco d'Ilhas. If you're looking for minimalist, no character, Ikea nonsense, go to a hotel and pay 5 times the price. If you want to be inspired by an eclectic mix of sights, sounds and smells from around the world, carefully nurtured by a passionate Belgian traveller with his anchor in Ericeira, then this is the place!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends