2,314 results
All reviewschill out barnext yearamigo cardsea viewpremier roomsan antonioplenty of choicegreat holidaywardrobe spacefantastic hotelbar staffthemed nightshalf boardbranded drinkssun terracepool areaevening entertainment
Reviewed August 15, 2018

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel, and for the price I paid was very disappointed. It is not up to the same standard of hotels I have stayed in for a similar price in the past. I found the staff very rude, especially at the reception desk. When I arrived it was late as my transfer had been delayed but I had been told there would be food available. When I went to the dining room all I could find was some stale bread and tomatoes. I wasn't given a band upon check in and as I wasn't aware I needed one a waiter then interrupted by breakfast the next morning to tell me I must get one immediately.

The food is ok, nothing special and there are no allergen labels which was an issue for me as I suffer with a nut allergy.

The location is good and there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. However, the transfer coach drops you off around the corner which I found very unwelcoming particularly as a lone female traveller arriving late at night.

I didn't experience any issues getting a sun lounger, however the pool is far too small for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarahjmills89
AluaHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alua Hawaii Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sarah,

First of all, thank you for choosing Alua Hotels for your holidays. It's so satisfying for us to know you enjoyed our location, we also love the many interesting places that can be found here, bars, restaurants and the lovely beach!

Regarding our reception staff, our colleagues have been educated to provide a helpful and friendly service, so we regret if any misunderstanding happened during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you. It's our aim to continue improving our hotel, and so we wish to do it as we'd love to see you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We spent two weeks in the hotel in july of 2018. It was our 20th time to do it! We were absolutely satisfied with kindness of the staff, and especially the kindness of staff of restaurant. The food are excellent, there are enough vegetarian, the rooms are well cleaned. We would like to inform the management of the hotel about a system level weekness. The guests have right to say the room number, instead of paying cash when they ask any drink. Our family ordered the all inclusive form so we have not need this form of payment. But when we wanted to leave the hotel, it became clear that somebody had used the room number, and had signed my name in the bar. (When we declared very strictly, that it was not our consuming, the receptionist tolerate not to pay the 6 Euro receipt.) Are there similar experiences? It would necessary to find a form, a card or microchip, which identify the concrete guest. We have spent fantastic vacations in this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank W776GXinfo

Wow W776GXinfo,

It's truly an honor to continue receiving you in our hotel, being your 20th visit it's truly meaningful for us! Regarding your comment, thank you so much for indicating us this issue, as we wish to control situations like this in the future.

Looking forward to receive you in your 21st visit! :)

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Hotel in a great location if you like the party scene but also enjoy a relaxing night watching the sunset. The hotel was very fresh and modern. The hotels all inclusive selection both drinks and food were fantastic...even the most fussiest of eaters would be full! We had paid for a sea view room and when we arrived there were none available apparently which was a big let down. The pool was small however the beach was only a minutes walk away which was handy. There was a massive wait in the morning ( 1 hour) to wait for sunbeds then to be pushed out of the way when the doors were opened. The location was amazing for what we needed, only 5 minute walk max to ocean beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
AluaHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alua Hawaii Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hi Ameera,

Did you enjoy our wide selection of food? Fantastic! Our restaurant staff works hard to provide variety of food so it’s wonderful to know their decisions have been successful. Would you want to enjoy another unforgettable holiday close to the beach? You’re always welcome to repeat your girls trip with us! :)

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband visited for 5nights during BBC Radio1 in ibiza weekend which we were super excited for.
We had paid extra for a sea veiw room (which isnt cheap) and on arrival around 2am we arrived at our room to find that we wasn't in a sea view room, we went back down to reception to discuss this. We were told there wasn't a sea view room available and to go back the following morning after breakfast, which we did and we were moved into a sea view room which has absolutely stunning views. As compensation we was given late check out free of charge without even asking, which was great customer service for me.

The breakfast is good, good selection but Dinner wasn't great, food was bland and not very exciting - Not like other 4* star hotels we've stayed in.

On the Friday (the first night of BBC Radio1) there was a power cut which then left us with no cold water and no air conditioning, the water was too hot to shower in and the room was even hotter to try and get ready in which really set a downer on the start of our evening. Then later that night because the air conditioning was still broken it was simply just too hot to sleep, I sat on the balcony people watching until it became light. My husband went down to reception and asked if there were any fans available and was simply told no, there is nothing that can be done. The air con was off for at least 16hours and during the heatwave Spain was experiencing, the hotel was just unbearable to be in.

The pool was small and the mad rush for the sunbeds is just ridiculous especially when people lay towels at 9am and then don't use them until the afternoon but that isn't the hotels fault.

I would stay here again just because of the great location however this definitely isn't as good as other 4* hotel in Ibiza

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy H

Dear Amy,

We're so glad to know you've been satisfied with our customer service! We truly want our guests to have a fantastic stay with us, so in case there's any issues, we work hard to solve them and provide our guests a better room as soon as possible.

Regarding the Friday issue, it was an issue from outside the hotel. Both our electric and water systems got cut and so our air conditioning service failed. Once this external issue was solved we could solve the problems.

Thank you Amy for choosing Alua Hotels. We'll continue working harder and better as we wish to receive you once again in a future visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Such a shame the air conditioning is so poor in the bedroom, it made for a very uncomfortable stay. It was impossible to sleep or get ready . The engineer visited but it made no difference. We used a room to freshen up before our flight home and the air con was the same in that room. We overheard another group of people complaining to each other around the pool. This really needs addressing in a 4 star hotel. The staff were wonderful on reception and let me borrow their fan for 1 night. The hotel is in a fab location , near enough to walk to the hustle and bustle of San Antonio Town but was nice to leave it behind. It was only 30euros for taxi to Ibiza Old Town which is lovely. Breakfast buffet was very nice with allergens clearly marked, my daughter has coeliac disease, we only stayed B&b . The pool is much smaller than appears on the photos but the sea is only a minutes walk away. The staff, without exception, were all lovely and friendly throughout the hotel. It is such a shame the air conditioning was ineffective . I think if you book a 4 star hotel you expect certain requirements and a comfortable room to relax and sleep in is one of those. It is such a shame I feel unable to recommend this hotel to my friends or to revisit myself because the hotel is aesthetically pleasing and the staff are lovely but air conditioning when booking a 4 star hotel is top priority for me. If this is not so important for you then this hotel is nicely maintained, with good breakfast buffet, with the bonus of friendly, helpful staff in a fab location for the nightlife

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Deb P

Dear Deb,

Thank you so much for choosing Alua Hotels for your holidays, and for taking your time to share your impressions with us. It's so lovely from you to say our staff is wonderful, we work hard to provide a helpful and friendly service so it's great to know our colleagues are doing such a fantastic work!

Regarding the air conditioning service, we truly regret the inconveniences. There was an external issue that cut our electric and water systems so our air conditioning failed and we had to wait to repair them.

Once again, thank you. We'd love to have the pleasure of seeing you again in our hotel in the future.