All reviews steep hill indoor pool business conference views are amazing older part nice hotel train station main restaurant tapas lovely pool hotel is located spoke english every half hour hotel staff downtown barcelona half board fantastic location
Reviewed September 29, 2016

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Staff is rude, arrogant and inefficient. Internet was down a whole night and morning, of course no excuses, again staff couldn't care less. Installations are old and some not working. Toilet bowl was dirty, I had to buy something to clean it myself. Very noisy hotel, if you are lucky you won't have neighbors, but if you do, pray they are civilized.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay as far as possible down the corridor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank RomanticBohemian
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Hotel has a lot of benefits. Room was lovely, upgraded to a suite. Free wifi, free in room safe. Very pituresque especially be the pool. The positives though are largely outweighed by the way the hotel treat conference guests at the expense of leisure guests. Service is generally slow for tourists as the staff are primarily concentrating on the large number of conferences that they hold. The worst thing is that today, all leisure guests have been banned from the pool area for the entire day in order that they can cater for the one hour lunch break of a large conference. This hotel could well as either a conference hotel or a leisure hotel but fails in trying to accommodate both. They need to choose what they want to be and concentrate on that.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julandy2015
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

I booked a 5 day getaway for myself and a friend so we could see the sights of Barcelona and also have a relaxing time away. I knew the hotel was outside of Barcelona so that wasnt a problem.
On arriving everything seemed nice. Pool area is lovely! Rooms basic but what more do you need then a bed and bathroom.
Upon trying to ask any of the staff for anything though we soon realised one thing..... the staff are very rude and very unhelpful to anyone who doesnt speak spanish!! Makes it very hard to try and ask questions about where you are staying, whats best to do in the area etc.
The breakfast is nothing speacial. The 'hot' food is only hot if you get down to breakfast at 7am.
The walls are very thin!! You can hear everything, even to being woken by the room next to us alarm most mornings.
I almost get the feel they dont want actual holidaymakers at this hotel. Very often the pool area was overrun by people who were at the hotel for a conference. Makes you not want to be sat around in a swimsuit when your surrounded by hoards of people in suits talking business.
Even upon leaving and trying to get some lunch at the outside bar the staff have been very rude and unhelpful.
We ended up making the 40 min train journey into Barcelona city everyday (not as planned) just to get away from the hotel and the rude staff.
I certainly wouldnt return to this hotel!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

I have to start by saying I booked this three day break last minute for me and my boyfriend and it was very cheap so we weren't expecting it to be brilliant. And it didn't disappoint!
There are two sections to the hotel. An older part by the pool and restaurant area that looks from what we saw to have some nice character rooms.
And then the 'conference' part which has big standard rooms akin to a Travelodge or similar.
Needless to say we were in the Travelodge part. It was clean and basic. Fine for a budget stay. But when we arrived we'd been put in a 'family' room. Two single beds and a kids bed. Not ideal for a couple.
We asked to move and although they said they were completely full, they did move us the next day, but to a much smaller double room with a really poor shower...barely a trickle.
The other thing to beware of in the budget part of the hotel is the noise. You can hear EVERYTHING in the corridor and rooms around you, so we were awake from about 6am every day.
Breakfast is overcrowded - probably because of the constant conferences - so things run out a lot. The toaster machines don't work very well, and the selection of hot food is limited and to be frank not very nice.
Elsewhere by the pool the staff seem overworked and so are pretty grumpy. I think the hotel is understaffed generally so it's not their fault, but we ended up having to order from the bar most times even when we were sitting at the tables right outside the pool restaurant. The food here was also poor....the pizza I had was really greasy and was not 'four seasons' as advertised, it was just covered with a lot of different toppings all mixed together so you couldn't see what they were. Weird.
Also while you're sitting by the pool expect to be invaded by huge groups of suited conference attendees who then take over the bar/restaurant and make it even more difficult to get any drinks or food.
If you want tapas don't eat at the hotel, go into town.
Speaking of which, the walk into town is quite long. It took us 25mins to get to the beach and you have to cross a busy dual carriageway. I would advise getting a taxi.
All in all, this might work as a conference venue but it's not a place for a relaxing couples break and it's certainly not four star....
I'm glad I didn't pay more and won't be returning.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple