Hotel is located just above two lovely small sandy public beaches and views are spectacular. The common parts of the hotel itself are what one expects from a 4 star hotel and breakfast was okay. The problems started as soon as we entered our room.
We are writing to show our disappointment with the rooms we have been assigned on check-in. We spent our first night in a sub-standard room, with the following shortcomings:
1. No safe in room
2. No sea views when we specifically asked for ocean rooms with sea views - reservation was made nearly 2 months ago
3. No shelving whatsoever in shower cubicle
4. No wifi in room - in 2011 in a 4 star hotel?!
5. No mirror in room except in bathroom
6. Shower curtain is a very cheap accessory for a 4 star
hotel - rod is not even attached to wall - spring type
7. Water pressure is not adequate and moving shower head around changes the water temperature drastically from normal to very hot - this is a quite serious safety issue
8. Drinks in mini bar are not cold - ie. not working
9. Nowhere to place luggage except on floor
10. For electricity in room we have to use card for beach towel!
11. Floor is not cleaned properly - paint drops are still scattered around
12. There is a security issue - too close to road level - very easy to break into our rooms
13. Walls are completely bare - except for TV - no pictures, as if someone just finished painting it and had no time to re-fit.
Our conclusion is that this room should have never been given to us in the first place because, as hotel manager confirmed, they have been recently renovated - too
recently in our view since they are far from the basic standards required in a four star hotel. When we complained (even by email) we were given another room for the following 2 nights - what I still fail to understand is how the manager still tried to convince us that the original room we were given was a free upgrade!
The room we were given for the final 2 nights had sea views - the problem was that this room was very tired and in need of serious renovation. Do you expect to find broken tiles and corroding fittings in bathroom, an exposed main power switch, damaged furniture surfaces, or torn and stained curtains in a 4 star hotel? I surely don't.
Please note that we just spent the last 3 nights at the Silken Ramblas in Barcelona and none of the above issues were a problem - rooms had everything you expect from a 4
I cannot understand how this hotel has so many good reviews - I chose to stay here just for that reason - probably they have different rooms for different people. I will never return to this hotel and I would strongly suggest to anyone to look elswhere when booking a hotel in this region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a stunning spot in the Costa Brava, rising over two cristal-clear water coves surrounded by pine trees overlooking the blue immensity of the Mediterranean Sea, Silken Park Hotel San Jorge offers updated facilities featuring an outdoor area, swimming pool by the sea, meeting rooms, Spa, restaurants, lounge bar... The ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silken Park Hotel San Jorge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Park Platja d Aro
- Silken Park Hotel San Jorge Platja D'Aro, Spain - Costa Brava