“was so nice to be back”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in L'Alfas del Pi
Dun Laoghaire
“was so nice to be back”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We went back to Albir in october. Once again we had fantastic week in this hotel. On arrival there was a bottle of cava waiting for us in the room:) My partner was so happy about it.
We had half board and even dispite of my pregnency there was great choice of meals on the buffet. Room was spotless clean and pool area well looked after. Spa was amazing as before. I'd like to say big thank you to the reception stuff - on our last day they helped me check in and print my Aerlingus boarding pass.
Last time we found hotel parking charges a bit too expensive 12e per night, this time we left our car on the side. There was plenty free parking spaces around.
Albir is a great place to stay if you looking for a quiet holidays. We hired a car at the airport and thanks to that we could drive around and see all the interesting places around like Guadalest with houses set into the rock, Benidoleig with Cave of Skulls and from there you must take a drive to waterfall at Fuentes de Algar. View from the road in spectacular and breath keeping.
Hope to be back to Albir Playa Hotel next year for another nice break.

5 Thank g1ngerred

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were in this hotel for a week, from 22nd September 2011. It is a lovely hotel, very modern and we found the staff very efficient and courteous.
We asked for a high floor, facing the afternoon sun which we got. We were on the 5th floor, its not that noisy facing the roads and the views are wonderful. There is a Lidl and a Mercadona nearby which is handy.
I used the free WiFi every day, but you have to ask at reception to have it switched on each day. Rooms we thought were very nice, clean and comfortable with a small fridge, and TV with Sky News, and bizarrely, True Movies! We slept very well, and the air con was good and not too loud.
Now for the dining experience: the breakfast was okayish, although I bought my Weetabix from the supermarket as I did not like the cereals that were laid out. We also had our own teabags! We did not like the food at night very much, sometimes the soup was cold and congealed at the bottom of the can before it was replaced. Only one night was chicken available which was good, the rest of the time, the choices were poor. I will try anything and did try the various fish on offer, but found it to be hard and bony. We ate out on the last night there. Some nights there were no tablespoons and other nights no soupbowls. The dining room seemed disorganized and a lot of people were complaining.
We did not use the spa, very expensive, price for a manicure was 30€ and I got one in a salon down the road for 10€. Albir is a lovely place, much nicer than Benidorm, not too crowded, there are nice shops and the prom is lovely.
We would go back to the Albir Playa but would go bed and breakfast and eat out as there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jazzythistle
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 as a 40th birthday break - the hotel generally was great - very clean and tidy. Most staff were pleasant and helpful though a few lacked the standard that would be expected in a 4* hotel. We used the spa facilities - would recommend use of the general spa pool area but we were disappointed by the treatments. My sister paid €30 for a pedicure and walked away with her old nail polish still showing and her skin half painted over. We were half board and found the food to be satisfactory if a bit on the cool side! We had a good holiday and the bus into town for nightlife was convenient. Poor entertainment in the hotel tho maybe that's cos of time of year!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Tildabear
Penicuik, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had a wonderful week at the Albir Playa, an excellent hotel. The staff were very friendly, and everything kept spotlessly clean. We had full board and the food choices (all buffet style) were excellent. We love fish and seafood and there was always a great selection. The price we paid was really good value for money and we would hope to find a similar deal next autumn. Albir is a lovely resort, with a lovely climate. It is close to Benidorm but entirely different. (Thank goodness!) There are plenty bars, cafes and shops, as well as a lovely promenade. We have been to Albir several times in the past but this is our first stay at the Albir Playa and hopefully not our last!

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view.
2 Thank John G
Newquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before so had a good idea what to expect. We were not let down.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is well run, clean and fantastic value.
We booked our holiday through Lowcostholidays.com and I was really pleased with the service and the price we paid. I am usually a bu=it suspicious of how I will be treated when booking through a third party but there were no issues whatsoever. I was able to give a preference for the type and location of the room I would prefer and the Hotel happily obliged. We were even given a 10% discount on all drinks and additional meals purchased in the Hotel. The choice of food was very good and the flexibilty to switch evening meal to a lunch meal at any time was very good and allowed a lot of flexibility.
The gardens are well kept and the pool clean but very cold this time of year. Entertainment could be improved but there is plenty to do in Albir.

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask for a room on the higher floors looking over the pool. This give views over t...
2 Thank Andy H
Aberdeen , Scotland.
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Really nice and modern hotel, interior and exterior all very clean and tidy.
It is situation at the top of the "strip", where most of the towns shops, cafe/bars and restaurants are, that leads down to the beach. Mercadona supermarket is just across the road also.

All staff were friendly and a big thanks to the great receptionist who helped me with a small issue whilst attempting to contact our travel company.

breakfast were good each day we ate them and the free WiFi worked for me but you do have to get reception to activate it each day for your room number.

Pool was too cold for my liking, id compare the temp to the North sea, but it was October so didn't expect it to be like a jacuzzi!

I would recommend hotel and area for couples and families, we would definitely stay there again if we were in that area of Spain in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Albir Playa was as lovely as 2009. Yes the food has dropped in quality since then (remember everywhere is suffering from a recession) if you do not appreciate spanish food then just book bed and breakfast and stop moaning ! I could not find fault as there is plenty of choice available.
On arrival @ 9.30 me and my boyfriend were met pleasantly at reception given a deluxe double bedroom (which is not what i booked) and ushered into the dining room before it closed.(very welcomed after a two hour transfer)I found the staff to be extemely helpful as usual.MonIca and Juan in the restaurant were lovely as were the spa staff I can only think some of the reviews found the staff miserbale as they were probably exhausted as they do very long shifts.
I will definately be back again soon as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Try and visit Alicante for the day very worthwhile seeing the castle and lovely Marina. Albir now has a train station as well as a small sunday market.I don't see how you can not enjoy this location and hotel.

2 Thank Vonnie500
5.0 km away
Hotel Cap Negret
Hotel Cap Negret
#3 of 8 in Altea

Been to Albir Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!